What's new
What's new

Deckel FP4NC C-Axis Postprocessor

Thijs

Plastic
Dear all,

I'm a student from the Netherlands. After having a bridgeport for about 2 years i bought a Deckel FP4NC with a C-axis, it's an former Phillips machine. The control is a Dialog 4.
After some playing around with the grundig control i started to use Hsm express,Fusion360 and inventorHsm pro. I got a postprocessor from this forum and it works just fine for 3-axis machining.
Now the big question: is there a postprocessor with the C-axis build in for my dialog 4 control?
Hope someone can help:scratchchin:.

Grtz Thijs
P.s sorry for my bad English

some pictures of my workshop:
Foto 06-07-16 19 40 25.jpgFoto 12-04-16 18 50 40.jpgFoto 15-09-14 21 11 51.jpgFoto 26-03-16 18 28 07.jpgFoto 26-07-16 21 39 00.jpg

You've got a nice set of machines there! What do you make? I see you adapted a Bridgeport E shaper head to the Deckel. You beat me to it ;-). I had often thought of adapting an extra E head I picked up for cheap to either my FP2NC or my Aciera F4, but sold the head for a good profit instead. I have looked for a real F4 slotter on and off, and found one in South Africa, but could not figure out how to get it to California for less than the the piece was worth.

Does the post you found work properly with G41, that is, cutter radius compensation in the D4 control instead of in the CAM program? My Fusion 360 post works OK with comp in the CAM, but fails miserably generating code with comp in the control.

I agree, nice shop !

Would either of you be willing to post your posts? :D

I've been looking around for a Dialog 4 post for Fusion 360 but so far my Google Foo is failing.

Teryk

OP: I'll PM you my email and I'll see if I can help. Enabling the 4th shouldn't be difficult but it'll have to be tested to make sure it outputs what you want.

I agree, nice shop !

Would either of you be willing to post your posts? :D

I've been looking around for a Dialog 4 post for Fusion 360 but so far my Google Foo is failing.

Teryk

If you go here and search for Deckel there is a generic Dialog 4 post: Autodesk CAM | Post Library

Thanks! I didn't make complex parts yet, most of it is aluminium. I used it as all round machine: boring holes for an excavator, milled a bearing house for a small windmill, made some shop tools, refurbished hydraulic cilinders and so on.

I could have sold the shaping head a few times back then but I knew finding a replacement would be difficult. So I milled an adapter plate out of aluminum.

I use cutter compensation on the computer not on the dialog control. A bit time consuming but works fine for me. I changed a few things from the post, like max spindle speed to 6300, program line increment with 1 instead of 5, high feed rate to 2000 instead of 1000. Nothing special.

I'll try to post it in this topic tomorrow.
Curious too your workshop! Do you have some pictures?

@atomkinder
Thanks in advance!

Nice workshop. I have a deckel fp4a and I'm looking for a post processor.
Could you pls send me a copy as I can't find anything on Google.

Thanks in advance

Back