Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Delcam Powershape

Learning Powershape and making progress; but not without issue:

For example, I make a 20x20 box and convert it to composite curve, then I smart surface it and get what looks like a great surface all flat in multiple orientations.

But, then I convert it to a solid and run the solid doctor then it says there is a hole in one corner. If I automatically fix this non visible hole-- then additional problem of overlapping surfaces comes up. Whats up with this hole? I think I can flip a switch to ignore it-- it says it would effect a Boolean operation.

Anyone have insight?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Since it is a solid from a single surface; an open solid and not closed, I would ignore the intentional large hole.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Solid to Surface worked when created in Powershape(instead of surfaces only)

Quote Originally Posted by jelrod1 View Post
    Since it is a solid from a single surface; an open solid and not closed, I would ignore the intentional large hole.
    Thanks,

I decided to build part in a solid first this time in Powershape and then convert it to surfaces. This yielded a problem free surface model.

I designed another part in Inventor with some contours and sweeps that showed up fine within Inventor... But when I brought it into Powershape-- there were several holes and overlapping surfaces using the doctor... So I am now going to rebuild the model in Powershape and see if I get a better result.