What's new
What's new

DMU 50 eVo -01 Millplus IT full 5-axis Fusion 360 postprocessor

MATALeng

Plastic
Hi!
As the title says im looking for anyone that runs their DMG DMU 50 evo with millplus fully simultaneous (DMU50 with 45degree tilted B axis). And preferably with code from Fusion 360.
Iv got the generic Fusion millplus post to work with G7 positioning (3+2).
and iv tried to set up the kinematics in the post and tried to post simultaneous code. I do get some code, but the machine moves very strangely. So im pretty lost tbh. The tilt looks to be about right, but X is off by over 2-300mm. And it does a very strange approach move that makes no sense. Not really close at all.
Iv set the

If anyone got some experience with this id appreciates any help!

i can of course share the post, code, and video of what the machine does if it would help.

//Thanks

Is the X offset consistent? Ie always 250.23 or whatever ? Or does it change as the tilt angle or rotation changes (indicating something incorrect with the geometry settings of the 4/5th axis)

Edit : are you setting fixture offsets from center of rotation of both A/B axis?

I don’t have a DMG(I wish) but assume this is a Fusion Setup error, you have the machining extension enabled?? (you can’t do anything but positional work without it enabled)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi!
As the title says im looking for anyone that runs their DMG DMU 50 evo with millplus fully simultaneous (DMU50 with 45degree tilted B axis). And preferably with code from Fusion 360.
Iv got the generic Fusion millplus post to work with G7 positioning (3+2).
and iv tried to set up the kinematics in the post and tried to post simultaneous code. I do get some code, but the machine moves very strangely. So im pretty lost tbh. The tilt looks to be about right, but X is off by over 2-300mm. And it does a very strange approach move that makes no sense. Not really close at all.
Iv set the

If anyone got some experience with this id appreciates any help!

i can of course share the post, code, and video of what the machine does if it would help.

//Thanks

Not familiar with Fusion posts, but when you say you are setup to post simultaneous code are you getting out G141 and the correct XYZ coordinates?

For MillPlus your G141 would be your TCPM code which among other impacts I believe would set your NC coordinate system to travel with the table rotation.

This means your XYZ should simply match the coordinate in the CAM system. If you post a 5x op and compare the coordinates to an APT output from Fusion they should match.

Something like:

GOTO/1,2,3,0,1,0

Would be

X1. Y2. Z3.

My guess is you might be missing the TCPM settings in the program or your XYZ coordinates are not with respect to the right point.

TCPM is very easy because it just comes down to:

Table Orientation
Correct Code Order
XYZ is point relative to your fixture offset at rotary zero (since the XYZ axis directions inside TCPM should stay relative to table not the machine XYZ).

So something like this:

N2638 G0 B65.53 C945.5302 S2800 M3
N2639 G141
N2640 X-1.3465 Y-3.6995 Z9.3813

If you are getting lost do yourself a favor and program a simple test block and try to hit the sides. Round numbers and trying to start at something like the side of the block (B180 for your 45 degree table), then you try B180 C90.

Back