What's new
What's new

DNC without an auto mode? Fanuc 0i-tc

JBCENG

Plastic
Hello,

I am trying to set up DNC to my Goodway lathe.

I can send and receive files to and from the memory no trouble but the inevitable has happened and I now need to send a file that is way too big.

My lathe doesn't have a Auto or tape mode just a memory and memory repeat(I think that's what it is - just keeps running the same program) so I am at a bit of a loss as to how I drip feed - or if I can (fingers crossed).

Any advise or help is much appreciated.

Cheers George

I have a feeling it might be like the older control I have on our Mill 0M. In this case a parameter needs to be changed to read from the RS-232, or the memory. Is this possible? IF so what parameter?

Any help much appreciated!!!

Cheers George

I have a feeling it might be like the older control I have on our Mill 0M. In this case a parameter needs to be changed to read from the RS-232, or the memory. Is this possible? IF so what parameter?

Any help much appreciated!!!

Cheers George

How are you hoping to feed it? Only the newer Fanuc controls can DNC over ethernet, I do it by having the com channel set correctly, it then shows the DNC option in the directory.

Hello,

I am trying to set up DNC to my Goodway lathe.

I can send and receive files to and from the memory no trouble but the inevitable has happened and I now need to send a file that is way too big.

My lathe doesn't have a Auto or tape mode just a memory and memory repeat(I think that's what it is - just keeps running the same program) so I am at a bit of a loss as to how I drip feed - or if I can (fingers crossed).

Any advise or help is much appreciated.

Cheers George

Curious as to how a lathe program could get that large. Or maybe you are wanting to keep other programs in memory and run this new one?

Back