What's new
What's new

Esprit (cad-cam software) Installation Headache

snurfle

Plastic
question withdrawn

Question withdrawn.
Seems to be just the nature of the app, no real solutions.

Last edited:
so your installing the old floppies on what type of PC?

your old original one or new with newer OS?

No.

I was only saying that I have some prior experience with esprit, sorry if that misrepresented my question.

I had installed esprit 2019, but when trying to launch it to review a customer-supplied esprit file, it failed to launch because there is some missing lock. No attempt at trying to make it work has been successful.

Apologies for the confusing question.

>Is EspritNG Esprit Next Generation? As in the newest of the new?

Not a clue.

Esprit sent a link to it when they said they removed the lock.

I have no idea what it is, other than another 1.5 gig of software that won't launch.

I don't know if it is a new version or some add-on to esprit 2019.

>What operating system are you running? Are all updates applied to it?

Windows 7 + all the latest and greatest updates and service packs and bells and whistles on a Lenovo P50 w/ Nvidia Quadro M2000,16 GB RAM, Intel Core I7-6820HQ CPU.

I assume it meets the system requirements; esprit never mentioned that it didn't.

We struggle frequently with updating Esprit. Now we just have the reseller come in and do it. We pay maintenance, might as well get something out of it.

We struggle frequently with updating Esprit. Now we just have the reseller come in and do it. We pay maintenance, might as well get something out of it.

That's sad.
I mean - I get the whole "We have to protect our IP" mentality, but when licensed users have to go through this much crap just to install an app, I really don't see the benefit... I'm getting tempted to see if there's a way to get past the "lock" and just be able to use the software!

Ah well, I did another total uninstall and wipe of it, I guess I'll try installing it again the next time a customer provides us with esprit files. Maybe they'll have worked out the bugs by then.

That's sad.
I mean - I get the whole "We have to protect our IP" mentality, but when licensed users have to go through this much crap just to install an app, I really don't see the benefit... I'm getting tempted to see if there's a way to get past the "lock" and just be able to use the software!

Ah well, I did another total uninstall and wipe of it, I guess I'll try installing it again the next time a customer provides us with esprit files. Maybe they'll have worked out the bugs by then.

Why are you blaming them for issues on your computer?
Doesn't really sound like you are keeping them in the loop with your problems either. I had a problem updating once, I emailed and had a reply within the hour, problem solved and update completed within 2.

...might help emailing directly to California

Why are you blaming them for issues on your computer?
Doesn't really sound like you are keeping them in the loop with your problems either. I had a problem updating once, I emailed and had a reply within the hour, problem solved and update completed within 2.

...might help emailing directly to California

They have been involved from the beginning.
Their only responses, along with "here is a link to espritng," has been "The lock is removed you shouldn't be getting that error."

If my car shot fire out of the tailpipe, and the only input from the dealer after calling and emailing them is to say "It shouldn't do that," then I'm going to have some choice things to say about the dealer.

So, short of yelling "you shouldn't be getting an error" at my computer every time I do get that error, and with further examples of other companies also having hassles updating esprit, it only seems appropriate to say "yes, that sucks."

Emails and phone calls have been to/from California.

I am glad that you had a good experience updating, but unfortunately I did not. That is why.
I hope that answers your concern.

Last edited:
They have been involved from the beginning.
Their only responses, along with "here is a link to espritng," has been "The lock is removed you shouldn't be getting that error."

If my car shot fire out of the tailpipe, and the only input from the dealer after calling and emailing them is to say "It shouldn't do that," then I'm going to have some choice things to say about the dealer.

So, short of yelling "you shouldn't be getting an error" at my computer every time I do get that error, and with further examples of other companies also having hassles updating esprit, it only seems appropriate to say "yes, that sucks."

Emails and phone calls have been to/from California.

I am glad that you had a good experience updating, but unfortunately I did not. That is why.
I hope that answers your concern.

A licensing error is completely a different problem than a VC++ Redistributable problem. Esprit disabling the lock is taking care of any licensing issue you may have had. They are not aware of the VC++ issue or they would have provided you details on how to update/fix.
My solution for you would have been to download and install Visual Studio 2019 as it probably would have fixed these problems. I would have recommended you update to Windows 10 as well, that would again probably solve the issue too.

Fire out the exhaust, a dealer can do nothing about it if you can't tell them what car it's coming from or when it happens. Same goes for software. They can only troubleshoot with the information you give them. Give them shitty info, expect shitty replies.

Has esprit support remoted into your system?
a lot of the software companies I have used have done that for me when there hasn't been any resolution on my end.
never hurts to ask.

Back