What's new
What's new

Esprit CAM training?

Fully Defined

Aluminum
I have been hired by a company that uses Esprit CAM, and I have zero experience in this software. Can you suggest a good source of free training so I can familiarize myself with it in advance of my first day of work in a few weeks? I'll be using live tooling Okuma lathes set up with submicron resolution.

I am fluent in SI (metric system), GD&T & many other fundamental machining principles, however I have only been out of the Army for six years and have limited experience. They're definitely taking a chance on me, and I want to reward their decision to hire me by showing up with some Esprit CAM knowledge.

I assume YouTube is a good source, but can you suggest a specific channel? What about outside of YouTube?

It has been a long time since I used Esprit, but our dealer made up a set of CD's with video training on it. It wasn't free, but I think it was a good price. It really made the difference for me at the time. The guys that did it are just north of Tulsa, you might give them a call and see if they still do those. It might also be worth actually going to a couple days of training if you can afford it or talk the company into it. It really is the fastest way to get productive on software.

ESPRIT CAM Center

Jason

Thank for your service and have a gteat Veterans Day!
sorry I do not know of any training for Esprit.

As with most cam software, the only source of free tutorials is whatever other users, and occasionally distributers, have decided to put up on youtube.

I got a few hits for esprit tutorials on there.

There is nothing much out there. If you have some budget you can buy cam wizard. I would definitely suggest that as esprit is weirdly backwards in doing things in some respects.

The closest thing I've found to training online is Esprit Web from DPTechnology, which is their own Esprit forum... Unfortunately, I just checked, and you can only signup if you already have Esprit.

I have been hired by a company that uses Esprit CAM, and I have zero experience in this software. Can you suggest a good source of free training so I can familiarize myself with it in advance of my first day of work in a few weeks? I'll be using live tooling Okuma lathes set up with submicron resolution.

I am fluent in SI (metric system), GD&T & many other fundamental machining principles, however I have only been out of the Army for six years and have limited experience. They're definitely taking a chance on me, and I want to reward their decision to hire me by showing up with some Esprit CAM knowledge.

I assume YouTube is a good source, but can you suggest a specific channel? What about outside of YouTube?

Do you know other programming software? I'm just a little curious how you got the job if you don't know the software I suppose... :crazy: I've interviewed at places where I had 99% of the skill set, but I didn't know how to plate this odd steel on this particular widget and they were like "NOPE~!" LoL

Anyways, if you do know other softwares, the best thing is to try and keep an open mind to the new stuff. I haven't messed with Esprit in prolly 15 years, but I remember even then it seemed a bit odd...

Do you know other programming software? I'm just a little curious how you got the job if you don't know the software I suppose... :crazy: I've interviewed at places where I had 99% of the skill set, but I didn't know how to plate this odd steel on this particular widget and they were like "NOPE~!" LoL

Anyways, if you do know other softwares, the best thing is to try and keep an open mind to the new stuff. I haven't messed with Esprit in prolly 15 years, but I remember even then it seemed a bit odd...

I can read prints, I know and understand GD&T, I am fluent in the metric system, I can visualize workholding and machining operations, I can calculate feeds and speeds, I am fluent in Solidworks in both design and CAM, I generally know most G & M codes and I could go on but I hate to toot my own horn. Did I mention that I am fluent in the metric system?

LOL to answer your question: Yes.

They were also genuinely interested to know how I stay current and keep my skills sharp. I worked on a pretty high profile youtube project (still ongoing) and am currently working on another which is heavily weighted towards surface modeling and parametric splines. Intellectually, I think this new job may be pretty heavy, but it will be worth it.

Contact DP Technology directly and explain your predicament. If you work with your new employer, you can probably get set up with the online access to the forum with their license.

The Regional Manager around here was super helpful at the old day job when we were going through the evaluation, purchase, and training process.

Contact DP Technology directly and explain your predicament. If you work with your new employer, you can probably get set up with the online access to the forum with their license.

The Regional Manager around here was super helpful at the old day job when we were going through the evaluation, purchase, and training process.

Oh yeah, duh...

Yeah, definitely contact DP and signup for Esprit Web. It's not perfect, but it's very helpful.

Back