What's new
What's new

Esprit Post questions

William Ward

Cast Iron
We have an Esprit post for our Hardinge Quest 51 lathe that seems to be missing something. When we try to post code for a relatively simple program none of the canned cycles (thread,rough turn) come through. I don't speak post editing but I noticed that in the post folder all of the posts have two files, an .ASC file and a .DAT file. The post for the Quest does not have the .DAT file.Do any of you know how the .DAT file is created or where we might find one. I'm sure that it needs to match the .ASC file somehow but beyond that I'm lost. We are not on Maintenance with Esprit and it is not our main programming software but we do use every couple of years or so to create the odd lathe program.

This particular job we are doing in Pencil Cam but it would be nice for next time if this worked correctly.
Updating Esprit is out of the question as we can't justify the need based on the limited usage.

The complete post we need is "HardingeQ51Lathe" both .ASC and .DAT files.

Thanks

We have an Esprit post for our Hardinge Quest 51 lathe that seems to be missing something. When we try to post code for a relatively simple program none of the canned cycles (thread,rough turn) come through. I don't speak post editing but I noticed that in the post folder all of the posts have two files, an .ASC file and a .DAT file. The post for the Quest does not have the .DAT file.Do any of you know how the .DAT file is created or where we might find one. I'm sure that it needs to match the .ASC file somehow but beyond that I'm lost. We are not on Maintenance with Esprit and it is not our main programming software but we do use every couple of years or so to create the odd lathe program.

This particular job we are doing in Pencil Cam but it would be nice for next time if this worked correctly.
Updating Esprit is out of the question as we can't justify the need based on the limited usage.

The complete post we need is "HardingeQ51Lathe" both .ASC and .DAT files.

Thanks

Did you turn on the Canned Cycle option in the toolpath?

We have tried all of the options as far as I know. A co-worker is the one programming this so I don't know for sure.
He tells me that he entered all of the data for number of passes and all that.

We have tried all of the options as far as I know. A co-worker is the one programming this so I don't know for sure.
He tells me that he entered all of the data for number of passes and all that.

Entering the data for the number of passes etc is only half the battle. If you don't tell the post processor to output as a canned cycle, it won't.
And as a side note, not all posts need a .dat file. I really doubt that's the problem.

Back