Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    PHILIPPINES
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    I hear from a very trusted source, that *they* are busy porting toolpaths into Fusion...
    I figured they would start dismantling Featurecam and incorporating some of their options into Fusion. Its sad to see it go but and I don't see anyway at all for Fusion to ever be half as good as FC in the FBR/FBM world. Its already to "Clickety" and cumbersome.

2. Likes barbter liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1974 View Post
    Ok so FBM in Mastercam kinda sucks IMO. I have been using MCX (Mastercam) since 2006 so I know a liitle bit about it, although I never got to use 2017 and newer where they changed it a bit from the 'older' (not v9!, the X version or v10 windows based) style, anyhow.

I think to get FBM setup and working you need to do alot of work up front- defining tools, length of cuts for tools, etc. Maybe it works ok after doing this, I dunno, never got that far. My opinion, instead of using FBM, would be to import toolpaths from a known good part. If your parts are really just re-iterations of a previous part it should be a snap. Just right click in the toolpath section, choose import, change file type to mastercam files (it defaults to a operations file or something) and find the last part you ran (in that family) and import the ops. Now you just re-select geometry and go (more or less).
    To sort of add to my initial post. Uisng feature recognition in software is as much about software as it is the poeple using it (I know kinda sounds ) but true story -

Last job we used NX11.0 (I think, was a newer version but not exactly sure of rev, anywho), one dumb thing IMO we had to do as programmers was "bury" the rads of parts*. Meaning, we took the rads and offset them .005-.010" inwards to make sure there was no interference... Well enough, took a little work on the programmers part, but not deal breaking... EXCEPT when there was a rev and you had to do all that work over (and over with multiple revs!) again. So in that (or any) situation where the programmer is "fixing" geo, for whatever reason, the whole fbm kind of flies out the window in the context of just re-import the model.

*OK the obvious answer is to teach the designers to **design** the damn parts so this isn't an issue, but ya know how that is

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sounds like you need a better programmer lol.

If your parts are really so similar rechaining toolpaths in mastercam is trivial for part iterations.

Sorry for your burden.

5. Likes Mtndew liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by nihilistic View Post

rechaining toolpaths in mastercam is trivial for part iterations.

Ohh, and the beauty of FeatureCAM when it comes to that!

7. Likes g-coder05, wheelieking71 liked this post