What's new
What's new

Featurecam or Fusion 360

LccJester

Plastic
the company I work at is starting our machine shop back up after a five year hiatus. Long story short we were sold off. when we were running before we had Feature cam and we got it back but it came with fusion 360. I was wondering what the differences were. I haven't had time to do much with Fusion 360.

F360 is autodesks darling. FC will eventually be retired, when that will happen is anyone's guess, but it will.

In the meantime, FC is still miles ahead of Fusion. If you have both, do your modelling in Fusion (if you don't have any other 3d cad) and your cam in Featurecam.

I hope you are wrong about FC going away cause I don't think some of our customers would like us using 360 with the cloud base storage. I am curious to try 360 out when I get a chance to mess with it but I wont be doing any customer work on it any time soon.

Oh, rest assured that FC is dead, just not buried yet.
And the only reason it isn't buried yet is they (ADSK) is trying to milk whatever is left in the userbase, as that is in fact one of the primary
income to finance the Fusion development.
FC, Powermill, Partmaker and a host of other packages serve the very same purpose actually.

The funny thing is, they try to peddle Fusion on their very own forums, attempting to lure over existing users of FC, Powermill etc.
Well, the resident Fusion Idiot tried to pull the same stunt on the Inventor forum, only to be handed his hat in very short order from a bunch of long time
and serious Inventor users.
He got the beatdown so bad that not only did he take his toys and go back to the Fusion forum, but all traces of the few threads have been completely removed from the Inventor board.

mass-eject.jpg

Back