Fully-constrained parametric CAD options - similar to Solvespace, Alibre? - Page 4
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Can you save in other formats, like STEP?
    Here's a good source of user information - Designfusion Website

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Minnesota
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I haven't really made anything worth exporting yet, but this is the 'save as' file type dropdown menu:

juz576hqye.jpg

It does appear to include STEP files... along with .OBJ, .STL and .FBX which are useful for exporting to 3D surface modeling software, like I need to do.

3. Likes Mud liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mud View Post
    Have you ever looked at Solid Edge? It's an improvement over SW, and not nearly the price of NX. If you have, never mind.
    I downloaded the educational version of Solid Edge for free. They also have training for free. I switched from Autodesk Inventor and can not believe the difference!! Soldi Edge is like NX Lite. We have NX at work but I have no desire to train in it. I use Solid Works for personal use. If I decided to do design work for people or use Solid Works for CNC work I would have to purchase a perpetual seat. Right now the free “student” version works for my needs.

I have the online training until July and go through the vids occasionally. A bit of a work flow learning curve between SE and Inventor but SE has much more functionality. Very happy to make the switch!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Another bonus in Solid Edge is it converts all my Inventor Assembly and Part files. DWG converts easily. Pretty much every file format is importable and editable. Very happy with SE. Saved a ton of work to not have to convert all my old models and prints!

One thing I noticed is the Flat Pattern generation work flow between SE and NX is the same. This helped me at work as I taught an engineer to create Flat Pattern layouts in NX (from my experience in SE) for press brake parts he needed me to make. Saved me a ton of time laying out my blanks and bending to print parts without any tweaking Bend offsets etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PmGRacer View Post
    Soldi Edge is like NX Lite.
    No, it's not.

SE and NX are two entirely different products that were acquired separately by Siemens. They have no commonality.