What's new
What's new

Fusion 360 fixture offset

garychipmaker

Cast Iron
First I want to say thanks for all the help so far. I did get a CAM program to run on my Fadal 4020 but how do you set the fixture offset ? My post has a fixture offset at the beginning of the program and I have no idea how it came up with the X and Y offsets. In the design the WCS was set at the back left corner of the part.

First I want to say thanks for all the help so far. I did get a CAM program to run on my Fadal 4020 but how do you set the fixture offset ? My post has a fixture offset at the beginning of the program and I have no idea how it came up with the X and Y offsets. In the design the WCS was set at the back left corner of the part.

First off the parts design zero does not become the CAM setup zero. You need to select the machining zero in the job setup.

have you done any of the CAM tutorials, it shows you how to setup a part for machining.

I went through the setup in CAM putting the Triad in the back left corner. I didn't actually machine a part I just ran a dry run. I did just watch the tutorial on setup with Lars. What I don't understand is how the post came up with this offset
N19 GO E1 X-.0258 Y-1.4866
Thank You

That’s how far from e1 it thinks the first move is going to be looks like a .5 endmill going around a part with .008 stock left over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What size tool are you using ? It probably used that also to figure out its first position also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

.25" square end end mill. Milling adaptive around a 1.00" square with .040" stock per side to leave a .400 square in the center. Simulation starts @ left front corner of stock.

You may try playing with the entry/start points in the Adaptive cycle. If I don't select one a specific point then it randomly enters the part where it feels like it. What does it do if you attempt to begin the cutting at your part 0? Logic being that it may be easier to see the how's/why's if you're viewing it from a known location.

When configuring your setup you click on the post processor tab then under machine WCS you select WCS offset. Mine is setup so 1 is G54, 2 is G55 so on and so forth. I believe it is set up by default that 0 will give a G54 IIRC

Back