What's new
What's new

Fusion 360 - how do I load SLDPRT file with multiple configurations

rklopp

Diamond
Fusion 360 does a great job loading SLDPRT files with only one configuration, but I cannot figure out how to access both configurations of a two-configuration SLDPRT file. When I load a two-configuration file, I only see one configuration in Fusion. Autodesk's help site suggests I can do it if the part is in a SLDASM assembly file, but customer gave me a SLDPRT file. Is there a way to split a SLDPRT file with configurations into multiple single-configuration SLDPRT files, without access to SolidWorks?

Hey rklopp, I don't think so. When I move files with multiple configurations into Fusion I only see the most recently saved configuration. If you shoot me over the sldprt file I'll save the two configs separately and send them back to you.

Bug, thanks for the offer. I can have the split and save done here by a colleague, so I will "bug" them instead of you. I wish there was a way I did not have to bug anyone. I will explain to the customer to split files with configurations into multiple files in the future. This particular customer will be OK with that request, so I am lucky.

Bug, thanks for the offer. I can have the split and save done here by a colleague, so I will "bug" them instead of you. I wish there was a way I did not have to bug anyone. I will explain to the customer to split files with configurations into multiple files in the future. This particular customer will be OK with that request, so I am lucky.

just have your customer put the part in an assembly as many times as the number of configurations and make sure they are at the config. then when they send you the assembly all the different looks will be there.

or have him send as a step file from the assembly and they will come in with each also.

cheaters way.

Back