Fusion 360 ITAR Survey - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 48 of 48
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Medina OH
    Posts
    2,383
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    344
    Likes (Received)
    1183

    Default

    I think you guys making fun of Itar are hilarious, hilariously stupid. I do work for one of the worlds largest bottle makers. I get a paper drawing. No electronic models or geometric information is permitted to be transmitted electronically. Tier 1 is the same. They have full modeled systems on their end, they send out a paper drawing. No 3d models are permitted to be sent electronically.

    When I switched to Fusion, I lost several customers as they do not want their data on the cloud, and I do not blame them.

    I have been saving for a SW/CW suite, but if Fusion offers a fully offline version (Like I have been begging for at every opportunity for the last 5 years) I will sign up as soon as available.

  2. Likes DanASM liked this post
  3. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    517
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    245
    Likes (Received)
    219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fal Grunt View Post
    I think you guys making fun of Itar are hilarious, hilariously stupid. I do work for one of the worlds largest bottle makers. I get a paper drawing. No electronic models or geometric information is permitted to be transmitted electronically. Tier 1 is the same. They have full modeled systems on their end, they send out a paper drawing. No 3d models are permitted to be sent electronically.

    When I switched to Fusion, I lost several customers as they do not want their data on the cloud, and I do not blame them.

    I have been saving for a SW/CW suite, but if Fusion offers a fully offline version (Like I have been begging for at every opportunity for the last 5 years) I will sign up as soon as available.
    Not that I need to right now but I have gotten prints overnighted in a secure envelope with signature confirmation plenty of times before. Its not hard to do.

    I have never liked the cloud ever since it was created. I have never seen a way for it to be 100% secure. Its not like it is expensive to keep things secure. This still seems like a solution to a problem that did not exist.

    I am not saying the cloud doesnt have its uses. Just not in the manufacturing world.

    If I was the kind of person who took pics all day and was always losing their phone, then I can see a need for the cloud. I do not do these things though and havent found a need for it yet in my life.

  4. Likes g-coder05 liked this post
  5. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by g-coder05 View Post
    So within one week my little old brokering service took out upwards of 100 seats of Fusion and I guess when asked why by AD they got a detailed explanation, thus getting me involved. I got the same ole lip service "Our service is secure" "No chance of a data breach" But in the end it's the simple fact the data is in a third parties possession that violates most any NDA agreement ever written.
    LOL, this is too much. A guy who can't even keep his OWN site from mining crypto on clients' computers, thinking that his own data security is better than that of Autodesk. The hilarious part about all of your "ITAR / security" posturing is that your understanding of security is limited to "If I have it on-site, then it is secure". You should really learn a bit more about the subject, this is textbook Dunning-Kruger.

    Luckily, your disinformation is essentially isolated to this forum, and your other forum which has no traffic because nobody wants you mining crypto on their hardware lol. My honest suggestion is that you cut your losses and realize that you are not a security expert. You seem to be successful in manufacturing; please stick to your core competency and end this foolish Luddite crusade.

  6. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    PHILIPPINES
    Posts
    3,044
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1114
    Likes (Received)
    1488

    Default

    LOL, this is too much. A guy who can't even keep his OWN site from mining crypto on clients' computers, thinking that his own data security is better than that of Autodesk. The hilarious part about all of your "ITAR / security" posturing is that your understanding of security is limited to "If I have it on-site, then it is secure". You should really learn a bit more about the subject, this is textbook Dunning-Kruger.

    Luckily, your disinformation is essentially isolated to this forum, and your other forum which has no traffic because nobody wants you mining crypto on their hardware lol. My honest suggestion is that you cut your losses and realize that you are not a security expert. You seem to be successful in manufacturing; please stick to your core competency and end this foolish Luddite crusade.


    Ah, some people. Yep, the template had a script in it that was removed within minutes of finding out. A couple of things there, I run over a dozen AMD Threadripper Mining Rigs and since the site used the same template it was a matter of an accidental copy/paste. First, the throttle was set to zero so it wasn't mining anything, it was dormant HTML script. Second, that just shows how easily it would be to plant a string into any site to pull information.

    Look at your site, All of 10 seconds for me to get to your Admin Panel and find out your using Adobe Magento? With an e-commerce plugin? You should be more worried about your site than mine.


    A guy who can't even keep his OWN site from mining crypto on clients' computers, thinking that his own data security is better than that of Autodesk.
    Where did I say my security was better? I simply stated "Fusion is not ITAR compliant" and "Violates NDA's"! I would simply trust my storage and data transfer more than AD to keep me out of court!


    and your other forum which has no traffic because nobody wants you mining crypto on their hardware lol.
    Eh,,, you can feel free to bash our new forum, everybody is entitled to their opinion. New members crossing over each day and seem to like it. Doesn't matter how big it grows, I'm pretty much retired and just wanted something to do.



    Now,,,,,,, By all means, share with the group your vast security knowledge and how Fusion complies with ITAR and general NDA's. I mean, you must be smarter than AD because they are the ones needing a poll, right???

  7. #45
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,911
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1056
    Likes (Received)
    1235

    Default

    Eh, we all make mistakes. It was quickly taken care of.

    The goal and purpose of Manufacturing Forums is not to host mass amounts of traffic (the site does not have adds and it is my understanding that it never will) and entertain threads on building benchtop mill turns, making massive billet boats or any other comical ridiculousness. It's also not about politics, religion or any other black hole topic.

    It's purpose is about quality and not quantity. Sure it's stating off slow like most things but that's ok. No need to run around like a nut to quickly send junk out the door. That is not the mindset or membership we are after.

    So with that, I invite anyone to come over and check it out

  8. Likes digger doug, mhajicek, g-coder05 liked this post
  9. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by g-coder05 View Post
    Ah, some people. Yep, the template had a script in it that was removed within minutes of finding out. A couple of things there, I run over a dozen AMD Threadripper Mining Rigs and since the site used the same template it was a matter of an accidental copy/paste. First, the throttle was set to zero so it wasn't mining anything, it was dormant HTML script. Second, that just shows how easily it would be to plant a string into any site to pull information.
    This is my point - I really don't understand why you are so skeptical of cloud computing where the data is secured by professionals, yet you trust yourself with the data? Your "email to vendors" about Fusion is not based on ITAR compliance, it's that you distrust their data security. However, judging by your own security flaws, it's obvious that F360 wouldn't be at the top of your list when it comes to security holes.

    Quote Originally Posted by g-coder05 View Post
    Look at your site, All of 10 seconds for me to get to your Admin Panel and find out your using Adobe Magento? With an e-commerce plugin? You should be more worried about your site than mine.
    First off, thanks for looking me up . Second, you never entered my admin panel - that's called a login page. Third, Magento is an e-commerce platform out of the box, it doesn't require an e-commerce plugin. Software development and data security are clearly not your forte, so as I said earlier, you should drop the facade of being some sort of computer expert. I don't know where you get them from, but have very strong opinions about a subject that you are not qualified to speak on.

    Quote Originally Posted by g-coder05 View Post
    Where did I say my security was better? I simply stated "Fusion is not ITAR compliant" and "Violates NDA's"! I would simply trust my storage and data transfer more than AD to keep me out of court!
    Trust who you want with your data. Personally, since I'm not a security expert, my data is better off in the hands of people whose actual profession is to secure data.

    However... I'm not sure what sort of national security secrets the mold for the latest Buzz Lightyear toy carries. Glad our national secrets are safe with you!

    Just out of curiosity, would you submit to a pen test?

  10. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    816
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    111
    Likes (Received)
    488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete_FTR View Post
    This is my point - I really don't understand why you are so skeptical of cloud computing where the data is secured by professionals, yet you trust yourself with the data?
    Dude, what are you even going on about here?

    Its not his opinion that Fusion in its current state is not ITAR compliant, it just isn't. The point is if you are needing to meet ITAR or some NDA requirements, you can't use Fusion or you could be in for some real shit if the wrong person found out. Hacks and breaches happen, it's part of life in a computing world, but you better have followed procedure if it does end up happening to you.

    Your random flinging of insults here are really showing your superior intelligence, keep up the good work

  11. Likes Hardplates, g-coder05, mhajicek liked this post
  12. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    PHILIPPINES
    Posts
    3,044
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1114
    Likes (Received)
    1488

    Default

    Dude, what are you even going on about here?

    Its not his opinion that Fusion in its current state is not ITAR compliant, it just isn't. The point is if you are needing to meet ITAR or some NDA requirements, you can't use Fusion or you could be in for some real shit if the wrong person found out. Hacks and breaches happen, it's part of life in a computing world, but you better have followed procedure if it does end up happening to you.

    Your random flinging of insults here are really showing your superior intelligence, keep up the good work
    Finally! I have been scratching my head trying to remember if ever at any time did I mention AD not being secured.

    Secure and Compliant are two very different subjects.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •