What's new
What's new

Fusion 360 lathe drilling op

Outcast8

Plastic
Having an issue posting code on a drilling op, I keep getting a error code saying it’s a milling op. This my first attempt at cad/cam and I’m stumped, all the other ops post code perfectly. I’m using the Haas processor built into fusion. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

If your machine doesn't have live tools, and you're drilling on center, you may need to uncheck the "live tool" checkbox in the tool definition.

live tool.jpg

Yup uncheck the "live tool" box, which I *really* wish wasn't always on by default when you create a new tool.

Having an issue posting code on a drilling op, I keep getting a error code saying it’s a milling op. This my first attempt at cad/cam and I’m stumped, all the other ops post code perfectly. I’m using the Haas processor built into fusion. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Just so we are on the same page, when you do your setup, are you selecting "Turning or mill/turn" in the Operation Type tab? I rarely use fusion, but I did a quick check and I was able to post out a generic Haas post with no problems.

Yes I'm selecting the "Turning or Mill/Turn" operation, I just purchased fusion about a week ago and I cant find much info on this latest version. I've tried removing the drilling ops and it will post then, even tried turning off the live tool option as well.

Just so we are on the same page, when you do your setup, are you selecting "Turning or mill/turn" in the Operation Type tab? I rarely use fusion, but I did a quick check and I was able to post out a generic Haas post with no problems.

Got it figured out had to change the capability in the post from turning to milling|Turing, works perfectly now thanks for all the help!

Back