Fusion 360 lathe drilling op
Close
Login to Your Account
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    North Carolina
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default Fusion 360 lathe drilling op

    Having an issue posting code on a drilling op, I keep getting a error code saying itís a milling op. This my first attempt at cad/cam and Iím stumped, all the other ops post code perfectly. Iím using the Haas processor built into fusion. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Minnesota
    Posts
    390
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    8
    Likes (Received)
    138

    Default

    It would help if you posted the code causing the error and also gave the actual error code number if there was one.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default

    If your machine doesn't have live tools, and you're drilling on center, you may need to uncheck the "live tool" checkbox in the tool definition.

    live-tool.jpg

  4. Likes Rick Finsta liked this post
  5. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    801
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    129
    Likes (Received)
    438

    Default

    Yup uncheck the "live tool" box, which I *really* wish wasn't always on by default when you create a new tool.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    North Carolina
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Finsta View Post
    Yup uncheck the "live tool" box, which I *really* wish wasn't always on by default when you create a new tool.
    I just gave that a shot but same error ( milling toolpath is not supported by the post configuration)

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    142
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    107
    Likes (Received)
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outcast8 View Post
    Having an issue posting code on a drilling op, I keep getting a error code saying itís a milling op. This my first attempt at cad/cam and Iím stumped, all the other ops post code perfectly. Iím using the Haas processor built into fusion. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Just so we are on the same page, when you do your setup, are you selecting "Turning or mill/turn" in the Operation Type tab? I rarely use fusion, but I did a quick check and I was able to post out a generic Haas post with no problems.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    North Carolina
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default

    Yes I'm selecting the "Turning or Mill/Turn" operation, I just purchased fusion about a week ago and I cant find much info on this latest version. I've tried removing the drilling ops and it will post then, even tried turning off the live tool option as well.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    North Carolina
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lastrada View Post
    Just so we are on the same page, when you do your setup, are you selecting "Turning or mill/turn" in the Operation Type tab? I rarely use fusion, but I did a quick check and I was able to post out a generic Haas post with no problems.
    Got it figured out had to change the capability in the post from turning to milling|Turing, works perfectly now thanks for all the help!

  10. Likes Rick Finsta liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •