What's new
What's new

Fusion 360-Post issue

Xander309

Plastic
Hey guys, hopefully you can enlighten me. I just recently got a vf-2 with the NGC control about 2 months back. Now I'm trying to get my feet wet in the cam aspect. I programmed an easy part last night, but when I generate the post it gives me an A axis; Which in turn have to manually edit in visual studio code. I do know the machine selection I have picked is Haas with A axis, but before I generate the post it says A and B are turned off. I would have figured it was somewhere in the machine and or post processor but I cant seem to find a fix. Any help would be appreciated.

Watch the NYC CNC Youtube video on using Visual Studio Code for quick edits like this. Super useful and not too difficult.

Fusion doesn't have their own forums? You'd think they would support their product.
Crazy how lots of people praise it, but always seem to come here for answers.

I had that same problem when I output my first post. I went and modified Fusion's post file so I wouldn't have to worry about it. Problem was each time Fusion does an update it reverted back to the original post file and I'd have to do it again. PM me if you want the file I modified. I'll see if I can find it since I haven't cut with Fusion for a long time. I was running it on a VF3 NGC with an umbrella changer.

I thought about that. I totally would just switch to a generic 3 axis post if I knew it was compatible. The only issue I have is not wanting to switch machine parameters. I did this a few days back and the software crashed and had to reinstall the program. Not a deal breaker, but its definitely not confidence inspiring either. Ideally if they give you the choice it should work. If i keep running back into the same problems though, ill probably just jump back down the rabbit hole and try to re-edit the 3 axis.

Fusion doesn't have their own forums? You'd think they would support their product.
Crazy how lots of people praise it, but always seem to come here for answers.
Yes they do and that is generally the best place to ask questions, but help with posts used to be EXTREMELY LIMITED there. It seems they wanted you to pay a VAR for help with posts.

Here is the link to the correct forum, and it looks like they are being a lot more helpful than when I was trying to make some changes to mine.

I believe Fusion's and Inventor HSM's posts are interchangeable. You can look for Inventor HSM posts at AD's forums and support.

They do. I guess you pay for what you get. I like the software, but when it comes to customer support I feel like they rely on their customers to problem shoot to each other to keep the prices down.

That might be it. I do notice my 2d contour looks a litte screwy and I just got an update. Ill go ahead an mess with it some more. Ill PM you if I cant get it. Thanks!

He is asking if the education version can generate a gcode file for a CNC machine with Fusion360's CAM mode. It makes sense if you know the jargon of CNC.

Nobody praises fusion as the end all be all. If they do, they're dilusional.

What makes fusion so appealing to people like me is it allowed me to get into an incredibly capable software for practically free. Tbh, if buying a new mini mill and Mastercam was my only option, I never would've got the mill to begin with. No way I was gonna spend another 20k+ on software

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nobody praises fusion as the end all be all. If they do, they're dilusional.

What makes fusion so appealing to people like me is it allowed me to get into an incredibly capable software for practically free. Tbh, if buying a new mini mill and Mastercam was my only option, I never would've got the mill to begin with. No way I was gonna spend another 20k+ on software

3 axis Mastercam is nowhere near $20k.

I had that same problem when I output my first post. I went and modified Fusion's post file so I wouldn't have to worry about it. Problem was each time Fusion does an update it reverted back to the original post file and I'd have to do it again. PM me if you want the file I modified. I'll see if I can find it since I haven't cut with Fusion for a long time. I was running it on a VF3 NGC with an umbrella changer.

I edited my post, and saved it as a new post file. I check that customized file against the Autodesk-provided file every so often using a text file-comparison program such as WinMerge (see here for original and here for portable).

Aye, I'll admit when I'm wrong. But even at 9k, not a chance I was doing that.

If you can't afford it, you can't afford it. Nobody will condemn you for that. Not everyone is fortunate to have that kind of budget to spend on software.

Back