Fusion 360, what happened...??????????
Close
Login to Your Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Fusion 360, what happened...??????????

As an infrequent user it was a surprise to see the new menu format. Is the old format still available? Probably not, is my guess.

What I liked about Fusion was the knowledge base, hardly anything you couldn't find multiple videos on. Trying to follow a couple of the old videos with the new format was near impossible for me at my experience level. I'd be really pissed if I was anything but a free user (semi retired).

How has the change affected those of you who are frequent users?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not much has really changed other than the look, most things are the same, Can is now called manufacture, a few additional options but if you spend a couple hours using it you’ll be fine. If it’s that big of a pain then you weren’t using it enough to notice the changes along the way then what does it matter...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I rolled my eyes a bit at first and hung on to the old toolbars for as long as I could, but honestly now it seems to be better designed. I can bounce between surface and 3D modeling, etc. without having to use the dropdowns, and everything is organized in a thought-out manner.

It did take a few weeks to get used to for sure.

4. Likes _boris_, Bryan_Lund liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My biggest complaint is it wastes more screen space. Other than that it isn't that much different really.

Country
    ALAND ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This is what they do to keep making money. Sometimes they can go a bit to crazy and ruin the experience that attracted most users. Sometimes you just have to leave what’s not broken alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As I said, infrequent Fusion user..

I got a new computer, late i7 processor, ssd and nVidia graphics etc. Just for fun I wanted to see how quickly Fusion would load since my older computers are painfully slow. Real quick. But it crashes the computer about 1 in 4 loads. My first thought was Autodesk's fault somehow due to their modifications. Maybe not, apparently a recent Win 10 upgrade has been causing the problem with certain software.