UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by wheelieking71 View Post
    I sometimes had to use my phone as a hot-spot,
    That's me 100%, works great, one less bill to pay. I wonder how much data F360 would use. I do have to watch it somewhat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosK View Post
    That's me 100%, works great, one less bill to pay. I wonder how much data F360 would use. I do have to watch it somewhat.
    Not much, until it downloads a new version.

Wheelie - Get a better antenna. I have a 40" wide one and it made a HUGE difference in my signal power coming from my house.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidScott View Post
    Not much, until it downloads a new version.
    Can you postpone updates or does it tell you when it's doing that or going to do it? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosK View Post
    Can you postpone updates or does it tell you when it's doing that or going to do it? Thanks
    Not that I know of, but I am by no means sure. I know it has been asked of them for those who are using their phones as hot spots. I also don't think there is any advance notice of updates, but again don't take my word for it.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by wheelieking71 View Post
    My shop is wireless from the house which is 250ft away.
    I think max length of a CAT6 wire run is 100 meters. You may be able to run a wire from your house to another wifi router in your shop. Could help some of your problems.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sort of off topic here, but I spent a good while at the Autodesk booth last week at IMTS asking some questions and going over a couple things about Fusion 360. I was very impressed with their knowledge of the software and their knowledge of machining and programming practices. I visited with the man in charge of turning on the CAM side and there are some very good things coming in turning for Fusion 360. In visiting with different shop owners at the show I was surprised how many are using Fusion 360. It is on a lot of people's radar.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by munruh View Post
    I visited with the man in charge of turning on the CAM side and there are some very good things coming in turning for Fusion 360.
    They promised this quite a few years ago too. I would say to buy it on what it does today. Not what it might sometime down the road. Have been using HSM since before they were bought by Autodesk... Over the years there has been decent updates to turning. They have come much slower than the milling side. There is a good bit of momentum on the Fusion side of the HSM family.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by munruh View Post
    Sort of off topic here, but I spent a good while at the Autodesk booth last week at IMTS asking some questions and going over a couple things about Fusion 360. I was very impressed with their knowledge of the software and their knowledge of machining and programming practices. I visited with the man in charge of turning on the CAM side and there are some very good things coming in turning for Fusion 360. In visiting with different shop owners at the show I was surprised how many are using Fusion 360. It is on a lot of people's radar.
    In red ^^^^^ I would freakin' hope so!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TrollTuner View Post
    They promised this quite a few years ago too. I would say to buy it on what it does today. Not what it might sometime down the road. Have been using HSM since before they were bought by Autodesk... Over the years there has been decent updates to turning. They have come much slower than the milling side. There is a good bit of momentum on the Fusion side of the HSM family.
    I was told that they are rolling a decent amount of Partmaker and FeatureCAM stuff into F360 over the coming few months, and that Powermill features are getting rolled in on the 5-Axis toolpaths for milling. I'm not sure exactly what that looks like, but when they tell a guy (me) who is ready to drop $15k in CAM to hold off a bit, they've at least got my attention.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Finsta View Post
    I was told that they are rolling a decent amount of Partmaker and FeatureCAM stuff into F360 over the coming few months, and that Powermill features are getting rolled in on the 5-Axis toolpaths for milling. I'm not sure exactly what that looks like, but when they tell a guy (me) who is ready to drop $15k in CAM to hold off a bit, they've at least got my attention.
    That's what I was told also. I visited with the fellow in charge of turning development.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I wonder if HSMWorks will get the same features added?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

OT On!

Quote Originally Posted by converterking View Post
    I wonder if HSMWorks will get the same features added?
    And I wonder if Gordon gave you any shit lately?

OT- Off!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SeymourDumore View Post
    OT On!

And I wonder if Gordon gave you any shit lately?

OT- Off!
    He cancelled his world tour of Denmark today. I think he was just trying to sell time shares. I am going to a race in Virginia in a few weeks and then it will be time to get serious with the cnc machines.