What's new
What's new

Fusion360 , having issues with making tool path..

dj_pigs

Plastic
new to fusion, I need a little help with making tool path .. will share file..if anybody willing to help or even just looking ..thanks ..
Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 7.46.25 PM.jpg

John Sanders NYC CNC

YouTube

Lars Christensen - Autodesk product manager ( I think )

YouTube

These 2 youtube channels should help you get started. Also I would recommend considering looking for fusion 360 facebook groups.

Last edited:
new to fusion, I need a little help with making tool path .. will share file..if anybody willing to help or even just looking ..thanks ..
View attachment 261325

Maybe its my laptop but the picture is super lo res and i cant even see what your trying to do. Send me the file and operation your trying to accomplish.

mike

Well, first off... is the part steel as its "properties" show?

Are you making this on a 3-axis mill? Do you have probing on the machine?

Is this a "real" part you need to make, or an exercise in programming?

I would approach this with a couple of simple angled fixture plates, as that would allow the part to be machined much closer to how it's designed compared to trying to machine it all from just a top and bottom grab.

A few more details on the goals here would be good to know.

PM

Part is steel, customer wants it out of QT-100, no probe on machine... it is an old feeler v1600, takes 40000 commands, trying to set up DNC drip feed... no luck so far.. Meldas 64 control..thanks for the help...I am also interested in what tools you woulds use..this is my first 3d part ever, its been drilling holes and 2d contours with Bobcad26 but have since switched to Fusion360..

You have not actually asked a question, what trouble are you having with the toolpath? If you want a specific answer you need to ask a specific question

The fusion website has forums that will probably be more help than this one, though honestly they were never much help- for me.

It will not let me post on the Titan's cnc forum.. I think its cause I am a new user...I am also a newbie at 3d parts, the question is, Is it even possible to mill this part out of qt-100, am I using the right tools? Looks like I will have to make some fixtures...

Best way to learn Fusion to to spend many hours over several weeks watching the Lars Christensen videos above, and playing with it. It’s like anything , it takes a bit of time.
Like others- your pic is lousy and you really didn’t specify your isssue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well, there are a few features in that model that will be very difficult (or near impossible) to machine regardless of what cutting tools you have. In particular, the inside fillets (see photo below), and even the sheer time required to keller the outside fillets.

The tooling required will simplify a bit if you make fixtures to hold significant features "normal" to the axis of the machine: e.g. a very lengthy process with a ball end mill can become a couple of minutes with a face mill.

How many parts do you have to make?

PM

issue.jpg

I have to make a sample from steel... I do not think it has to be that precise.. its for a jet boat intake..could probably be modified..

how do you post a big pic like that..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-13 at 8.11.23 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-07-13 at 8.11.23 AM.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 100
Sounds like you don't need help with FUsion, you need help with how to do 3D parts.

Fusion can certainly program this part, and the programs can be run assuming you machine and tooling can handle the material.

right now just worried about holding the darn thing.. thinking of two vice with Mitee Bites...that way I can flip it and just zero the top..

I don't have Mitee Bites yet..20190714_143218.jpg

Back