What's new
What's new

Fusion360 simulation on a Speedio?

trochoidalpath

Cast Iron
Anyone succeeded in getting the new whole-machine simulation method to work? I've been playing around with it, but with limited success.

I’ve built a few of the machines and have them functioning correctly in the builder. I haven’t run them thru the post yet.

Which one do you need? Have a rotary on it?

I’ve built a few of the machines and have them functioning correctly in the builder. I haven’t run them thru the post yet.

Which one do you need? Have a rotary on it?

S500X1 with a T200A, but the rotary is on a cantilevered subplate so the model is a little tricky. Mostly I was having problems getting the coordinate spaces to work properly in simulation.

I think no. You set up the machine from a solid model and then use their "Machine Builder" to put the kinematics together. I didn't see anything that looks like an import.

Out of curiosity, are machines transferable from other programs, such as Vericut ? Via dxf or iges or something ?

I know that's too much to ask, but hope springs eternal, and all that :)

I don’t know about Vericut or any others but you can export and import iges, step or parasolid out/in Fusion easily. Yamazen can provide any of the Brother solid models. I have most as well of you need one.

Sorry, I just saw this so I spent a few hours to get a post working with an S700/T200 model. I am pretty sure you can use the .f3d project file to use my model that already has all the joints and such set up. PM me and I can send over what I have.

I do know that the simulation doesn't have collision detection yet but you can see what is going on pretty well.

Back