What's new
What's new

Fusion360 wrapped single-line sketch

trochoidalpath

Cast Iron
I have been beating my head against this for a while.

I have a regular polygon with radiused corners extruded into a solid. I want to have an engraving toolpath that wraps around the part. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get F360 to do it.

I tried making a 0.01mm break in the polygon and doing it as a sheet metal part. That works but I have to make the wrapping sketch not single-line, so I can extrude it as a cut into the surface of the part. That is super annoying. I would much rather do this as single-line engraving.

Anyone know if this can be done?

I'm only slightly familiar with fusion so I will probably be wrong, but I have a few thoughts.

Firstly, the terminology is weird, I don't know if that's what fusion uses or if you're looking for the wrong thing. Wrapping applies to cylindrical geometry. What you are trying to do is projection.

Secondly, some 3d cad can project a curve onto a set of faces, some cannot. I don't know what Fusion's capability is in this regard, so you might need to create a single extruded surface to project onto instead of the solid.

Back