What's new
What's new

GibbsCAM post processor

NormWilliams

Plastic
Hello,
I'm wondering if there is anyone out there that is using GibbsCAM on an educational license?
They changed me to an EDU license a couple of years ago. Prior to that I was using a standard license and everything worked fine.
When they changed me to EDU I needed an EDU post processor. That never worked right. I lived with it until now when I updated to a current version. I figured it was time to get a processor that I didn't have to work around.

I'm using a Fanuc O-MD control on a 2014 Sharp SV2412.

What is happening now is that I download a program to the machine and the control receives two programs. I don't store programs on the control so I use O0001 with the part name as my program number for everything. What I get now is the control receiving O0001 and O0002. O0001 has no data in it. O0002 has the program data but won't run from the beginning. I have to page down 1 page and then the program runs as it should.
I have been in contact with Gibbs and they can't figure out how to change the post to make it work correctly.
Any ideas on how to get this problem fixed?

Do all of the operations have the same .NC file name?

Sometimes different ops having differnet NC names post different programs altogether

I don't know what you're saying here.
My post used to be a .vmc file. Now it is a .evmc file. What I see on the control is G code. I don't see a .NC anywhere in my program.
I do see the file name at the very beginning of the program. That shows up as O0001 and O0002 plus the part name as I said above.

I don't know what you're saying here.
My post used to be a .vmc file. Now it is a .evmc file. What I see on the control is G code. I don't see a .NC anywhere in my program.
I do see the file name at the very beginning of the program. That shows up as O0001 and O0002 plus the part name as I said above.

I am not familiar with the edm portion of Gibbs.
With the milling, turning, MTM etc....you can change what extension gets posted from your post processor under the PREFERENCES tab.
Is the extension the issue?

I'm not using an EDM. It's a 3 axis mill.
My file extension is set to .NCF Which it has been for years.
Everything worked properly until they changed me to an educational license and changed the post processor.
I find it hard to comprehend why they can't sort out the difference between the two processors.

Back