Goodby Autodesk date is set: 05/07/2021 - Page 4
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by goooose View Post
    I can't imagine them storing authentication locally, so what happens when the internet goes down?
    The world ends................

Country
    PHILIPPINES
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I can't imagine them storing authentication locally, so what happens when the internet goes down?
    C'mon, Everyone knows AD doesn't think that far ahead. Look at Fusion 360 and AD admitting they have no plan on making it ITAR compatible! "Hey,,,,, Let's make a new software and get all the new generation hooked on it then limit our customer base!!)

3. Likes wheelieking71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This old parable, believed to have originiated in Russia, seems apt:

A scorpion, which cannot swim, asked a frog to carry it across a river on the frog's back. The frog hesitated, afraid of being stung by the scorpion, but the scorpion argued that if it did that, they would both drown. The frog considered this argument sensible and agreed to transport the scorpion. Midway across the river, the scorpion stung the frog anyway, dooming them both. The dying frog asked the scorpion why it stung him despite knowing the consequence, to which the scorpion replied: "I couldn't help it. It's in my nature."

5. Likes Fal Grunt, wheelieking71, mhajicek liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by wheelieking71 View Post
    The world ends................
    Fusion is a train wreck for me because my internet cuts in and out all day every day.

They assure me it is seamless.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Fal Grunt View Post
    Fusion is a train wreck for me because my internet cuts in and out all day every day.

They assure me it is seamless.
    Dude posted on the Titans FB page today showing a pretty sweet crash caused by an automatic fusion update. Great software!

Country
    PHILIPPINES
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Dude posted on the Titans FB page today showing a pretty sweet crash caused by an automatic fusion update. Great software!
    Links? Please!?!? Ever since titan sent me that Cease and Desist order I always enjoy a good Titan fanboy FCK up......

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by g-coder05 View Post
    Cease and Desist order I always enjoy a good Titan fanboy FCK up......
    Need info on this

Country
    PHILIPPINES
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Need info on this
    Well, Apparently the big bad ass of the CNC trade dont like when they get caught ripping people off. I had posted in a group about how the tool kits from Kennametal were overpriced job specific waste of money and mentioned it was a con from a con. When I posted the breakdown numbers and people started seeing that the kits were about $300-$400 cheaper if you bought the tools separately from Kennametal and Mghty-Bite they started asking questions. He was extremely pissed that someone else had a group called Titans and he couldn't delete post.

Those toolkits were targeting people that were just learning CNC and most didn't even have access to CNC machines. The way they were marketed made it sound like all machinist must own there on CNMG,VNMG holder and inserts, Or 3" facemill with inserts just to work in a machine shop. When I started seeing comments from kids that maxed out there credit cards to buy a $1200 toolkit and a T-shirt that were "Project specific" I had to run the numbers and deter people from wasting their money. I dont know about you guys but I have never been to a shop that required me to have my own cutting tools and specialized clamp sets.

One nice thing to come of this was some of his customers contacted me after I put this on another engineering forum. It seems that what I had posted caught their attention and questioned how someone so bostfull about a free school could take such advantage of the students. I wasn't out to swipe any of his customers,,,But........

screen-shot-2020-03-01-1.45.40-pm.jpg

11. Likes cameraman, mhajicek liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Colorado
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well, Apparently the big bad ass of the CNC trade dont like when they get caught ripping people off. I had posted in a group about how the tool kits from Kennametal were overpriced job specific waste of money and mentioned it was a con from a con. When I posted the breakdown numbers and people started seeing that the kits were about $300-$400 cheaper if you bought the tools separately from Kennametal and Mghty-Bite they started asking questions. He was extremely pissed that someone else had a group called Titans and he couldn't delete post.

Those toolkits were targeting people that were just learning CNC and most didn't even have access to CNC machines. The way they were marketed made it sound like all machinist must own there on CNMG,VNMG holder and inserts, Or 3" facemill with inserts just to work in a machine shop. When I started seeing comments from kids that maxed out there credit cards to buy a $1200 toolkit and a T-shirt that were "Project specific" I had to run the numbers and deter people from wasting their money. I dont know about you guys but I have never been to a shop that required me to have my own cutting tools and specialized clamp sets.

One nice thing to come of this was some of his customers contacted me after I put this on another engineering forum. It seems that what I had posted caught their attention and questioned how someone so bostfull about a free school could take such advantage of the students. I wasn't out to swipe any of his customers,,,But........

That's just heart breaking …

If what you are presenting, just price lists alone is true that's not libel or slander or deformation of character.

But if you calling them a bunch of names and calling them out like a bar fight then that would be problematic.

So these kits are more expensive 'cuz someone put the pre selected parts/ tools in a plastic case ? [And are in-line with Titans of CNC academy ?].

And they were able to charge more as the "Peeps" ordering these are not large commercial firms with preexisting accounts etc. ?

With Fusion 360 it's soooo cheap / inexpensive most low budget users will put up with any level glitchy-ness / temporary wonkiness.

Not sure much traction can be gained by proving how bad fusion might be in a few instances ?

Country
    PHILIPPINES
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So these kits are more expensive 'cuz someone put the pre selected parts/ tools in a plastic case ? [And are in-line with Titans of CNC academy ?].
    That about sums it up, YAY,,, A bunch of 3/4 shank right hand neutral rake lathe tooling.

YouTube

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Colorado
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That about sums it up, YAY,,, A bunch of 3/4 shank right hand neutral rake lathe tooling.

YouTube
    Yeah they say 50% off , like 50% off what ? like 50% off the 200% mark up they would have liked to charge (lol).

This is a good fit if you are a lazy rich kid lacking initiative and any contact with real machinists.

Seems like a "captive" market YAY, go USA and USA manufacturing (Whoop whoop).

The Titans shop etc. has to make ends meet somehow but not 100% sure where or what or how exactly that's all paid for ?

Personally that's why I advocate foundations and investitures for these kinds of projects (long term bigger picture) rather than trying to fold in fickle industries and suppliers that come in and out fashion / viability.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

Personally I 1/2 - applaud the Fusion 360 idea, but also see it as an ultimate threat to bankrupt other CAD CAM companies already in a shrinking market. That's not good.

This is not "Philanthropy". When a true monopoly is possible. Give with one hand but take with seven and run your competition out of business at the same time. They could be far worse and far more dangerous if they were substantially more focused and efficient / draconian.

+ new licensing models from AD …

15. Likes g-coder05 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Links? Please!?!? Ever since titan sent me that Cease and Desist order I always enjoy a good Titan fanboy FCK up......
    Facebook

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Titan banned me for smack-talking autodicks on there. Then he didn't have the balls to discuss it with me. Giant pussy.
    "I'm a tough guy. I used to box!" Well, tough guy, where is your spine?

For you to show that he hides behind lawers? That is freaking awesome! And, I was starting to think his content was getting a little better.
    Right back to the gutter with you!

18. Likes g-coder05 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Colorado
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by wheelieking71 View Post
    Titan banned me for smack-talking autodicks on there. Then he didn't have the balls to discuss it with me. Giant pussy.
    "I'm a tough guy. I used to box!" Well, tough guy, where is your spine?

For you to show that he hides behind lawers? That is freaking awesome! And, I was starting to think his content was getting a little better.
    Right back to the gutter with you!
    It's complicated.

He's in an industrial "space" not in a non-profit space … So some weirdly shaped arrangements have to be made in an attempt to give / educate people for 'Free".

The thing that kinds grates a bit / kind of red flag is the "Jesus Christ Complex" that he has. + standing on stage whining about why "Industry" does not give him three halls of machines as far as the eye can see to start a national training center... Titan single handedly saves American Manufacturing and at the same time portrays himself as a victim on stage for having accidentally murdered someone …

This immediately off the bat is not someone you should give tens or hundreds of millions of dollars to manage.

But he doesn't get that nor is he self aware enough to quite "get it" . ~ Almost.

He is backing away from all that a smidge and that may in the long run benefit him tremendously to try a different approach … A more "WE" approach than a "Titan Jesus Christ saves American Industry approach".

He IS a boxer so I kinds get it / cut him some slack for that.

But at the same time his programs for inmates seem laudable but I also kinda sense he sees a possible profit margin there also... Better than number plates. I think he sees that REAL parts can be made in prisons and educational institutions for real $

There IS a question of partial exploitation for sustained funding ? Tricky ethical question.

That's why large non profit long term foundations tend to serve better.

The Titan "thing" is almost just an artifact of what the USA does not fund (compared to other countries) in terms of vocational training and Titan is just wheeler-dealing to try and make things work within those constraints.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

I would love to see the Chinese version of Titan's academy... Tai-Woo See-'NC accademeeic.

"Ohh you want a bed, sleep is for Babies! You can sleep when you die ! Back to work !!!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What became of those posts? Did you contact a lawyer at all to see if they had a legal leg to stand on to issue this letter? I know, probably not worth while for an internet post, just curious.

Don't most legit cease and desists come from a lawyer?

21. Likes cameraman liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Colorado
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by goooose View Post
    What became of those posts? Did you contact a lawyer at all to see if they had a legal leg to stand on to issue this letter? I know, probably not worth while for an internet post, just curious.

Cease and Desist Order - Definition, Examples, Cases, Processes

So format ^^^ methods and consideration - worth reading and comparing with "Exhibit #1a " . lol.

It does not appear to be legally binding. It's basically a threat to a future possible threat (but at least there is record now indicating the desire for implied "Harassments" to stop.). … That may or may not be of the appropriate legal format or be sufficient to actually carry legal weight in respect of your (@Gcoder05) supposed libelous actions and provable willful character defamations. ~ The burden of proof is on them to demonstrate that your assertions do indeed constitute libel or deliberate defamation of character versus your first amendment rights as an American Citizen - but those are more related to Government level interventions on your freedom of speech (i.e. you can't be arrested and thrown in jail for expressing a personal opinion about Titans of CNC.). In a commercial context and social media context there are many blurred lines where depending on the circumstances they can ultimately take some sort of legal action.

Given that you are in the Philippines @Gcoder_05 even if they go to state level court to obtain a proper cease and desist order it does not have jurisdiction until you re-enter the United states. It's unlikely you will be picked up in customs/ passport control unless you are on a wanted list and there's a warrant out for your arrest (even for failure to appear in court.).

Personally ~ if you are in someone else's house you play by their rules. That goes for some industrial/ commercial proprietary forums IMO. Facebook ~ that's a grey area, and trolling a member group could be considered slightly "sociopathic" unless you are trying to speak "Truth" to "Power".

I guess the "letter" of some kind of intent worked, that could also be considered a threat, violation or infringement of certain rights (in certain contexts) … Maybe/ maybe not in this case / or really worth it? (shrugging shoulders.).

If things spiraled out of control they would have to sue for commercial damages. And have an actual $ figure associated with that (at least in a civil case). [Probably.].

Ohhhhh the interwebs … Bloody Zuckerberg.
    Last edited by cameraman; 03-01-2020 at 09:37 PM.

Country
    PHILIPPINES
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I played the better man and pulled my post and relinquished my spot as an admin. I simply just replied with pictures of a few hundred of my students in China using his "Free" training videos.

Im sure the post is still floating around somewhere since it had several shares. Odd thing is, I checked last night and Kennametal no longer offers the tool kits. Only the Mighty-Bite kit is still around....Hmmmm.....

24. Likes cameraman liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Colorado
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I played the better man and pulled my post and relinquished my spot as an admin. I simply just replied with pictures of a few hundred of my students in China using his "Free" training videos.

Im sure the post is still floating around somewhere since it had several shares. Odd thing is, I checked last night and Kennametal no longer offers the tool kits. Only the Mighty-Bite kit is still around....Hmmmm.....
    So ok,

You are using Titan's videos and course materials to train hundreds of Chinese students ~ That's quite an endorsement (I have to admit), and you have ADMIN status with one of their portals (I'm not on the Titan Facebook or academy thing so I don't know what they have that you are ADMIN for.).

And everything is going just lovely, shovely ,

AND then, something happened … ?

What happened ?

Ta,

Eric

__________________________________________________ _________________________

* Don't worry will eventually figure out a way to make this super relevant to AD new licensing program "You will be assimilated - Resistance is futile ".

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I’ll toss on my 2c while this thread is still below 100 posts.

It’s my *opinion* that this “direction” Autodesk is taking is essentially no different than what happens with cell phone plans, cable or satellite TV plans, an Amazon subscription, or any other business model based on relatively stable (and steadily increasing) revenue stream.

The typical, or… “getting more common” business model evolves from the focus being on product, development, and customer support — to: shareholders, management bonuses, and growing a consistent revenue stream. Once there is more to (financially) gain with the latter than the former, the focus for the company shifts.

It would not surprise me at all if Autodesk has as many people working on how to stabilize and steadily increase their revenue stream (i.e. “in management”) than it does developing and supporting all their different software. This is… unfortunately… the way of big business in the modern world.

The problem is not Autodesk — rather, the problem is how large businesses focus their resources as they evolve. (IMO)

PM

27. Likes ratbldr427 liked this post
    Country
    PHILIPPINES
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So ok,

You are using Titan's videos and course materials to train hundreds of Chinese students ~ That's quite an endorsement (I have to admit), and you have ADMIN status with one of their portals (I'm not on the Titan Facebook or academy thing so I don't know what they have that you are ADMIN for.).
    NO. Not one of Titans portals, just another machinist chat room. I didn't "lose" my status, I simply decided not to be an admin anymore. All of Ty's vids and courses are on youtube so its all up for grabs. yes, China bans youtube for the general public, but it's opened in the polytechnic schools for research.

As far as ty and Myself goes, there has never been anything "Lovely shovely". I saw through his BS from the start. All that guy wanted was free machines, tools, coolant software, and anything else one would need to have a shop. I'm fine with that, who wouldn't want a free business? What rubbed me wrong was him exerting his success to get aspiring people to pay for him to have his free shop. Who boast about a million dollar jobs then boast more about losing a million dollars?

29. Likes wheelieking71 liked this post