What's new
What's new

Hansvedt DS-2 CAM software

JimGlass

Stainless
I'm looking for CAM software for a Hansvedt DS-2 wire EDM. I already have some good CAD software. I need CAM software that will convert a CAD drawing to machine code.

The Hansvedt DS-2 programs in conversational at the monitor which is time consuming.

I have heard of Tecsoft, BobCAD and Spree.

Can someone recomend some other software?

Thanks,
Jim

Last edited:
Hi Jim

I use Onecnc XR3 Wire which is very easy to use with good simple cad side too .

It hasnt got lots of bells and whistles but does a very good job of basic 2 and 4axis work .

It costs a little more than Bobcad (used to use v16 :) ) but is much simpler to use.

I have attached the list of machine posts ,no handsvelt but the posts are easily adjusted yourself to suit.

If you want loads of bells and whistles Esprit and Peps are best out there by far but at a scary price tag!!!!:eek:

Cheers Kev :cheers:

Attachments

• wire posts.JPG
    wire posts.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 256
I'm looking for CAM software for a Hansvedt DS-2 wire EDM. I already have some good CAD software. I need CAM software that will convert a CAD drawing to machine code.

The Hansvedt DS-2 programs in conversational at the monitor which is time consuming.

I have heard of Tecsoft, BobCAD and Spree.

Can someone recomend some other software?

Thanks,
Jim

Esprit is the best wire package out there...I know 3 shops and thats all they use. Anyway that is what they tell me...one still uses there old dos version to do some stuff because it does it better than the windows version.

I have been working for months to get the post in Bobcad working. The post is only available in V31 and 32.
BUT it has glitches. It puts the carriage return at the end of the line, DS2 wants it at the 41st character.
So I am editing the cam in WORD. Bobcad tech modified the post but could not fix that glitch. I can send the PP to anyone needing it.
I would like the post for Bobwire (V19) or Bobcad V21 if you find one.

Back