What's new
What's new

Has anyone worked with CAD Draw a Drawing! on a mobile Android device?

Oliven

Plastic
Hello everyone! Anyone with experience in CAD Draw a Drawing! on an Android mobile device (smartphone or tablet)?

Onshape CAD runs in a browser on desktops (Mac, Win or Linux) and on Android or Apple tablets/Iphones. There's a free version for non-commercial work.

Well, I was not asking about the online version, but about a specific stand-alone CAD system Draw a Drawing! for mobile devices on Android. This is a completely different level, different possibilities and a different quality.

No, just a desire to find those who are close to him, or at least with this technology. Thanks!

Well, are there serious people here?
Yeah, and that's why we are laughing at your retarded program. Serious people want a 24" screen to draw on, not a 2" fingerpainting. It's a stewpid idea.

The only thing dumber is anyone who would waste their time creating a useless pos like that. He could have spent his time taking out the garbage or something.

Yeah, well, let's laugh together. Firstly, not a 2-inch screen, but the developer offers a 5-inch or even better - 10. And, secondly, compare a desktop monitor and a 10-inch tablet screen in terms of image quality. Their resolution is the same, or, sometimes, the tablet is also a heap. Now, place the tablet in front of Your eyes, as usual, but in front of the monitor. Which part will it cover? I'll tell You - 21 inches !!! Take a 12" tablet - it will cover a 24" monitor, but its quality will be 1.5 - 2 times higher than that of this monitor. So let's laugh together.
Now, imagine being able to quickly capture Your matured idea somewhere on a fishing trip, after grilled salmon? Will You bring the same 24-inch monitor there?

I'm serious! Without distributing definitions, I will tell You that in a mobile environment at minimal cost, You can draw a fragment of a drawing of any complexity on Your Android-smartphone and send it in DXF format to Your friends in the office so that they can immediately take it to work.

I'm serious! Without distributing definitions, I will tell You that in a mobile environment at minimal cost, You can draw a fragment of a drawing of any complexity on Your Android-smartphone and send it in DXF format to Your friends in the office so that they can immediately take it to work.

Are you by any chance the developer of this? It sure smells that way.

it is difficult enough to hit the right spot with a mouse on a 24+" screen when drawing something moderately complex, trying to finger it on a 5" just doesn't seem like a usable solution, 10" maybe, 3d artists tablets for sculpting, but then they usually use a special tool or mouse to work, not fingers on screen

viewing CAD documents on portables is probably all that is necessary, else I'd just draw the thing with pen and paper, snap a picture and send it to whoever will take it further

in other words - useless app, besides, as already mentioned, there already are programs that will do that and more

My CADCAM workstation has three screens, keyboard, trackball, Space Pilot, a GeForce 3070, and 32 GB RAM, and it's on the weak side for CADCAM workstations. Most people I know in the business have high end Quadro video cards and 64 or 128 GB RAM. No phone or tablet will come close to being able to do the job. Not that I'd ever want to, it's a horrible form factor for the job. This idea is forwarded every couple years by app developers who don't know the first thing about actually doing the job, and every single time it flops, for good reason.

Thank you for your opinion. It is quite understandable, since you are all working on the same systems, in which everything is in one drawing and, accordingly, the larger the drawing, the larger the screen. It is explainable. And, you know that with this approach, as well as with the practice of drawing ideas with a pencil on a napkin, the drawing board-pencil-eraser complex can easily compete. I saw drawing boards measuring 1.5x2 meters, and there are more. And the capital costs are incomparably small.
I also found it contradictory to say that, on the one hand, this is a worthless technology, and on the other, this already exists. So, after all, "useless" or "already there"?
And I also think that in order to discuss something, one must, if not try, then at least see and read something. It may turn out that the conceptual representation does not quite coincide with what we are talking about, if you focus on comparing the input of graphics using a mouse and a finger. Everything is fundamentally different.
Watch at least a video about this application:
2021 en An example of creating a drawing - YouTube
And, you can read about it and touch it if you download it from Google Play Market, it's free.

"already there" was about the Onshape and partially - viewers from Autocad, about Onshape, I don't think they made their product with 5" or even 10" portables in mind, it just so happened that small portables are powerful enough to run it in the browser, which, as I just checked, they show a warning saying that they don't support mobiles.

And trying to bait someone to watch your promo vid or download your app isn't a great strategy, you first need to convince with an idea, then I might consider doing something else, but if the idea seems unusable, then what good the video and app will do?

If I really needed to draw something while away from the desktop, my first choice is pen and paper for quick sketch, I might use google notes to write down some numbers, then get my 14" laptop out, plug the mouse in (I hate using trackpad and the ibm/lenovo clit thing for cad) and make the sketch of the whatever, email or save to cloud and then access it there myself or someone else can take over, this is the workflow I use.

IMHO portables are fine for viewing things in a pinch, but not for drawing, I'm 42, so not that old and lazy to learn something new, but the idea of CADing with a finger on a touchscreen seems all wrong.

Forgot, I also may take a pic using the default camera software or whatsapp and use the edit function to quickly note something on it and save it for myself or send it to someone, that alone basically replaces your apps functionality, and offer more benefits at the same time.

The impression is that I am trying to push You into the abyss, and You are categorically at the same time resisting on the edge, trying to say all Your "excuses" like a prayer. The video is only 30 minutes long, but how much time did You spend writing this post? Watch the video - this is not a "abyss" and not a vaccine. After that, you will already have a more informed opinion for comparison and we will have something to argue about.

Back