What's new
What's new

How do I convert Fusion post processor to use in Solidworks.

gmoushon

Cast Iron
I'm just starting to play with the Solidworks CAM package that comes with SW2018 and would like to use the post processor that I have been using for Fusion 360. Is there an easy way to convert them?

Thanks,
gm

I'm just starting to play with the Solidworks CAM package that comes with SW2018 and would like to use the post processor that I have been using for Fusion 360. Is there an easy way to convert them?

Thanks,
gm

To what control are you trying to post? Is there no canned SW post that is at least close to what you need?

To what control are you trying to post? Is there no canned SW post that is at least close to what you need?

My control is a Yasnac MX3. SW does have a Yasnac post processor that I can try. Its just that I ran into some minor kinks that I had to work out when using Fusion's Yasnac processor and was hoping there was an easy conversion. Should have known there wasn't.

I'll see how it goes.
Thanks,
gm

Your two CAM systems are completely independent of each other. Whatever voodoo one speaks to spit out code for your machine the other most certainly doesn't.

The only exception would be something like standalone MasterCAM and MasterCAM for Solidworks would use the same posts.

if you are using HSMWorks with SolidWorks, you do nothing, all Autodesk HSM use the same post.

If it is SW CAM, MASTERCAM for SW, BOBCAM for SW you have to tweek or find one for your machine

Update: I came across this link to a huge stash of CamWorks post processors that had the one I needed.

It actually had the processor specifically written for my Kitamura with a Yasnac MX3 control! Thought I'd post the link in case anyone else needed a post processor.

Dropbox - camworksposts.zip

It is a HUGE zip file, (487MB), so I've attached the index that which lists all the machines are in the larger zip.

Hope this helps.
gm

Attachments

• MILL_LIST.zip
    22.7 KB · Views: 72

Back