Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

After developing a post a few years ago I switched to the stock post and it worked right out of the box for our 700s, our 1000, and our 650, two of which had 4th axis, at my old shop. The M140 post we never used since the guy setting up those with the Flex2 basically hand CAM'd everything with sections of code I output for him.

I haven't run a Speedio in coming up on two years so I don't know the current status.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by DevinJB View Post
    This is fantastic and very helpful, thank you for your detailed response! It's one thing to read some dry info in a manual but this provides some much needed context.

Maybe this is a dumb question, does mode B completely replace mode A for surfacing? Or would you have a mode A setting active as well as turning on mode B for surfacing?
    Only one system can be in-use at a time. In the old system, you had to explicitly turn off an active Mode A code to switch to a Mode B code (or vise versa), but you could switch between codes within the same system freely. With the new M298 Ln system, none of that is necessary and you can call modes whenever and however.

Yamazen has a High Accuracy Quick Settings manual, and your techs should be able to provide it to you.

If you really don't want to futz with it, I would plug in the settings for G298 L1, L2 and L5 (Standard, Rough, Finish) and just copy and paste the code from the Haas post, where they only have 3 settings that are easily accessible (and most never use it, the machine defaults to Medium for all code, and AFIK, it can't be turned off at all). Use Rough for roughing, Finish for finishing and you'll be 100% fine.

It is only when you want to start dialing stuff in to an absurd level where you would cook up the sort of intricate bullshit system I did.