What's new
What's new

How to get info to transfer to setup sheet with mastecam /active reports?

RussellRought

Plastic
FIXED :) How to get info to transfer to setup sheet with mastecam /active reports?

I am trying to make my own setup sheet using active reports with Mastercam. I am having an issue trying to find information about how it works.

I would like to know if there is a list somewhere that tells me what words or phrases I am allowed to use to automatically migrate info from mastercam to the output setup sheet.

I am going to reference "Setup Sheet (MILL).rpx". I assume has access to this setup sheet option.

I would like to know how, using the initial SU sheet popup, to get any info that you type into the extra lines (Revision, Note 1, Note 2...) to appear on the setup sheet. I would also like to know how to get comments into the "comments" location. I am sure it is simple. I know that you need to create a "text box" and put info into that but I need to know the right info to put into the "data field" (I assume, looking at other working text boxes). I think I just simply need a list of the different option available.

Thanks for your time

If you don't get the answer here, I would suggest asking it on Emastercam forums or the official forum site.
That being said, I've never had any luck with Mastercam setup sheets. I've been using X+ setup sheets for a while now and love it.
They used to be free, but now they are around $200 USD/year. But worth checking out if it fits the style you're wanting.

There's two really important pieces of information -

1). Go into the active reports designer. Just under the "Report" tab there's a little piece of paper with a question mark, click it. It opens a setup sheet help menu that has an extensive list of topics on the left hand side. The section you'll be actively looking at during creation is Setup Sheet XML Outline and Tag Glossary. These are all the callouts for all the information you could ever want to pull from the NCI file. Very important.

2). Download the tips and tricks file here:

401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.

Edit: what the fuck?

Tips and tricks is attached.

The node hierarchy is the most important part. Read about the structure and follow it. You can't just delete a file or not include it because it doesn't have data. Each file calls up the next file in a specific order and that order needs to be followed.

I'm decent with computers and creating something basic took me about 10 hours. 5 hours to learn the structure and 5 hours to actually put together what I wanted.

Attachments

• ActiveReports Tips-Tricks (1).zip
    90.4 KB · Views: 228
Got it!!!

That is what I thought but I kept getting an alarm that the SST file was missing. So I figured that didn't matter because everything else was working. Boy was I wrong. The SST file was not in the Mastercam file in program files. It was in sharedmastercam2020. I just had to copy and paste then... voila!!! a list popped up where there was an alarm before. Thank you for the help. I really appreciate it.

Regards

Back