What's new
What's new

HSM works 2020

lumley32

Aluminum
So, it seems that HSM works 2020 is now free with fusion 360. has anyone tried paying for a month of fusion downloaded HSM then tried it after stopping paying for fusion?

I have asked AutoDesk and they don't know the answer, for what it's worth I don't want fusion.

hell, I would be willing to pay for HSM works, but I can't even get a trial version at the moment!

So, it seems that HSM works 2020 is now free with fusion 360. has anyone tried paying for a month of fusion downloaded HSM then tried it after stopping paying for fusion?

I have asked AutoDesk and they don't know the answer, for what it's worth I don't want fusion.

hell, I would be willing to pay for HSM works, but I can't even get a trial version at the moment!

What's all that tell you about the future of HSMWorks?

oh, yea it doesn't look good, but for what I want it to do I'm sure it will be fine even if they stop updating it. so long as its cheep!

It stops working immediately. Your data is theirs...

There is another fork of the software "fusion entitlement" Its release is a little different.. I assumed it was the same release as the HSM Works for solid works, nope.

Its moving to paid toolpath features in Fusion. $125/m $1500/Yr So Just a bit less than the manufacturing suite...

Its ok software just Buggy.. then they fix the bug that let you machine that feature.. ;)

so you get HSMWorks with Fusion @ $495/year retail, now until October 31st you can get it for life for $310 as long as you stay on subscription.

What other CAM software is that cheap?

Hell you don't even have to run Fusion, but again there are toolpathes in Fusion that are not updated or even in HSMWorks like lathe, hole recognition, steep shallow and few others.

Your post will work for all 3, HSMWorks, Inventor CAM and Fusion.

so a bill for $310 once a year ain't so bad, he'll that's a cable, cell or car payment........

by the way HSMWorks2020 doesn't work in SW2020 yet, the site said will with the HSMWorks 2020.2 update hopefully this week.

Think it might be a way to get people to get fusion. Seeing that Inventor got tied up in a whole Product Development package so now you cant get just Inventor by itself.

Well you can, but it’s 2k a year for inventor alone and 2.6k for the package.

What bugs me is if you look at the web page for inventor, there’s no big sign or button that says “if you actually want a useful product with CAN, you should probably buy the manufacturing collection, because this one doesn’t have CAM” or whatnot. The whole site is a bunch of fluff and useless videos that don’t really explain much. It preys on people who aren’t sure what they want that are quick with a credit card, such as recent grade school graduates.

You’d think by changing the name to “inventor CAM” that it would come with inventor...

It stops working immediately. Your data is theirs...

There is another fork of the software "fusion entitlement" Its release is a little different.. I assumed it was the same release as the HSM Works for solid works, nope.

Its moving to paid toolpath features in Fusion. $125/m $1500/Yr So Just a bit less than the manufacturing suite...

Its ok software just Buggy.. then they fix the bug that let you machine that feature.. ;)

are you talking about fusion or HSM? ive had a play with the free release of HSM and there is nothing on the cloud with that, but it only dose 2.5 axis milling, i really want the turning part (i know turning is simple).

Well you can, but it’s 2k a year for inventor alone and 2.6k for the package.

What bugs me is if you look at the web page for inventor, there’s no big sign or button that says “if you actually want a useful product with CAN, you should probably buy the manufacturing collection, because this one doesn’t have CAM” or whatnot. The whole site is a bunch of fluff and useless videos that don’t really explain much. It preys on people who aren’t sure what they want that are quick with a credit card, such as recent grade school graduates.

You’d think by changing the name to “inventor CAM” that it would come with inventor...

Oh now they changed their minds again. Last time I talked to them it was the whole package or a hard "No". I have been using Inventor for 3 years now and absolutely love it hands down. I just wished it had EDM Wire capabilities so I wouldn't have to change. I looked at PowerMill and FeatureCam but didn't like them.

Back