What's new
What's new

HSM Works Posting to Matsuura MC-800VF

Chris Duncan

Plastic
Looking at purchasing a 1996 Matsuura with a Yasnac I-80B control

Will HSM Works (in SW) post for this machine or would it have to be generic? And if it's generic assuming it will have to be tweaked?

Also what are the limitations of a DNC connection? The seller is running it from a laptop because the file size limit is very small to load completely into the control.

Looking at purchasing a 1996 Matsuura with a Yasnac I-80B control

Will HSM Works (in SW) post for this machine or would it have to be generic? And if it's generic assuming it will have to be tweaked?

Also what are the limitations of a DNC connection? The seller is running it from a laptop because the file size limit is very small to load completely into the control.

for all Autodesk HSM post go here and select the post tab at the top Post Library for Fusion 360 and Autodesk HSM | Autodesk HSM

as for dnc ask the person you are going to buy it from what the settings are and how fast it can feed using dnc.

Chris: A couple of places you can check. I have been down this road for a post for my Brother. I wound up modifying a generic post with rainman's (PM member) help. Check on the CAMworks site. I found another Brother post there, which I have not tried yet, but they do have them there. Also check with your SW reseller. I recently changed my solidworks support to a different reseller because the old one was worthless on CAM.

HSM and Fusion come with an I80 post, it is less then perfect. I modded it to use on my old MX-1. Word of warning about Yasnac controls, Yaskawa has been out of the cnc business since 2002, they are not supporting legacy X series controls and according to reliable sources at Yaskawa, the I80 support goes away end of this year. They dont have spares and are no longer repairing circuit boards. Parts are unavailable. Unless this machine is really cheap, you been warned....and an 800vf spindle is about 30k, make sure it is quiet.

Back