What's new
What's new

HSMwork - Selectively Apply G5.1

Mike RzMachine

Cast Iron
I've started using the G5.1 function on my robodrill and has a post processor question about it.

On hsmworks with the fanuc robodrill post, I switch the application of G5.1 on and off for an entire program in the postprocess tab under the data field "Use Smoothing". This applies g5.1 to all 2d/3d adaptive, contour, bore, etc. operations. If I don't want it to apply to some operation, is there a way to choose which specific operations to switch on G5.1 and leave it off for other operations?

Note, this is not the same as "smoothing" in the passes tab.

Thanks,
Mike

There are a few ways to skin this cat that you can find in other posts that call different machine smoothing/acceleration tuning functions.

One method is by operation type, so Adaptive/Contour/Boring would fire off G5.1, while Drilling/Facing/Tapping would leave it off.

Another is to look at the tool-path tolerance for an operation. Anything with a .001" path tolerance runs without smoothing code, anything below that runs with whatever codes you want. You can also look at if code smoothing is turned on/off in the operation and use that to further modify the codes.

Check out the factory post for Haas and how they handle G187 (Haas's look ahed/smoothing functions). I know there have been discussions amongst HSM Works/Fusion users on how best to handle this, and I don't know what Autodesk has settled on.

that would be ideal, having a G5.1 call as a function of tolerance and operation type. I'll check out the haas post. thanks for the pointer to it.

Mike

Back