What's new
What's new

HSMworks better code for C axis machining

da_Rayman

Plastic
Got a really simple cycle where i am running an endmill in a circle with lead in and out. Instead of a stationary X axis with only C moving, it instead posts about 3 lines of code per degree, with sligt variations in the X axis (2 microns back and forth). i have tried smoothing and adjusting the tolerance but no go. I should be able to get over a thousand lines of code down to a handful.

I am using the preexisting Haas DS30SSY post processor.

Anyone knows what could be the problem?

Hi yes that's what it's doing. i am sure it is a circle. Don't know if it makes a difference but in solidworks it is a profile swept around a center line and not an extruded circle.

It is rotating the C axis. The circle is to big for it to use the Y axis.

Hi da-Rayman:
Have you tried making a sketch with an arc of the correct diameter and in the correct position and using the sketch to define your contour geometry in HSMWorks instead of the part edge?
See what that does; if it's still outputting small line segments it's not the Solidworks geometry that is the problem but it's in the way HSMWorks is handling the C axis, and that may be fixable with a setting change somewhere.
I've never programmed a llive tooled lathe with HSMWorks so I cannot offer specific useful advice other than the above.

Cheers

Marcus
Implant Mechanix • Design & Innovation > HOME
Vancouver Wire EDM -- Wire EDM Machining

Back