What's new
What's new

HSMWorks now included with Commercial Fusion 360 License

Sayy whaaaa??? I was speaking with a rep a few weeks ago and everytime I do so I ask them to please package HSMWorks separately, this time he said something was in the works but didn't give any details.

EDIT: Just confirmed and downloading now. This is the best news in while for Fusion!

This just solved a problem for us! We've got a few seats of Solidworks and were looking for an inexpensive simple CAM option for some of the apprentices. we're already into Fusion and Inventor/HSM but will be switching to Fusion next month for those seats.

fusion cam is quite a bit more refined than hsmworks, IMO

I don't agree with this one, but am interested in understanding your position.

I used HSMWorks for 4 years before buying into Fusion in 2014 (should have bought a perpetual license but I thought I would be slick :rolleyes5:). I only use(d) Fusion 360 for surfacing and multi-axis setups. SolidWorks is wayyy more stable to use with HSMworks than Fusion 360 and I'll only give one reason: the sketching environment in Fusion 360 is a pain in the ass when compared to SolidWorks. I use sketches all the time to control toolpaths and in Fusion I am always having an issue with projections and references breaking, etc.

This just solved a problem for us! We've got a few seats of Solidworks and were looking for an inexpensive simple CAM option for some of the apprentices. we're already into Fusion and Inventor/HSM but will be switching to Fusion next month for those seats.

The 2D version of HMSWorks has been free for years, and probably still is. If it's good enough, you can do it free.

well if you bought HSM you already have a seat\s of HSMWorks you could be using already, as it has been include for quite awhile.

if you notice on AD site there is no HSMWorks anymore just Inventor CAM, you have to read into what is included in the suite to see HSMWorks now, which is leading me to think HSMWorks is being phased out.

So once all the HSMWorks people start buying Fusion, not far down the road ............ gone, JMO

fusion cam is quite a bit more refined than hsmworks, IMO

no not really..........

They both have operations that the other doesn't and something that work better than the other.

The HSM CAM's for AD are based on HSMWorks, but they are pushing Fusion as their main all around design suite, so that is where all the development is slatted now.

I use SW and Works daily, have used CON-Fusion 360 here and there, but SW is my go too because i use configurations and assemblies for cutting parts and that works way better than Fusion.

of course they have the old Delcam stuff too, not based on HSMworks.

Why are they still not including the rebranded cimco with F360 if they are giving it to you free with HSM? Brackets is a shit program for gcode.

Their CIMCO license arrangement expired, and CIMCO wanted way more money to renew it. Hard to swallow that if the whole strategic mission of the company is to expand by lowering prices and moving to subscription.

If you had any older copy of HSM Works (or even download previous versions from Autodesk), the CIMCO license included is perpetual.

well if you bought HSM you already have a seat\s of HSMWorks you could be using already, as it has been include for quite awhile.

if you notice on AD site there is no HSMWorks anymore just Inventor CAM, you have to read into what is included in the suite to see HSMWorks now, which is leading me to think HSMWorks is being phased out.

So once all the HSMWorks people start buying Fusion, not far down the road ............ gone, JMO

It would be a next logical step to removing the SolidWorks version.

It would be a next logical step to removing the SolidWorks version.

HSM Works mostly subsisted on folks hunting for even a basic CAM solution for their seats of SolidWorks. Now that SW has integrated CAM out of the box? The main driver for HSM Works installs is now gone.

This is awesome, thanks for the heads up. I use HSMXpress supplemented with Fusion360 for 3D toolpaths and this will simplify my workflow greatly.

Back