What's new
What's new

iMachining for NX 2.0 - Major Enhancements!

PeteRoy

Plastic
https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2298636126335942672

Register now for the 'iMachining for NX 2.0 - Major Enhancements!' webinar -
Presented by Anthony Calderone
DATE: August 19, 2021
TIME: 1:00 pm GMT / 8:00 am US Eastern
https://register.gotowebinar.com/regi.../2298636126335942672

Join us as we present the newest version of iMachining for NX 2.0! This major update now shares the same iMachining code as our SolidCAM and InventorCAM products. This update adds more than 40 new features, including the ability to simulate iMachining Operations with the new SolidCAM Simulator.
iMachining 2D
The flagship new features are iMachining's Machinable Feature Recognition, combined with wall and floor finishing. Defining geometry is now as simple as selecting a face or group of faces to machine. The stock, target, fixture, tool and holder are used to define a complete 3D Machining Geometry that is able to be machined. Advanced options for finishing the Wall and Floor, even with different tools, enables shorter programming time and no errors.
iMachining 3D
New options were added to build on the most efficient 3D Roughing and Semi-Finish toolpath in the world today. The iMachining Wizard provides updated cutting conditions for each depth of cut used in Step-Up. Many options were added to give more control over excluding toolpath which may be better suited to other tools, such as "limit minimum depth of cut" and "ignore closed pockets". Pre-drilling support was added to minimize helical ramping for closed pockets.
iMachining Wizard
A completely redesigned Database interface was developed, which supports "Material Categories" to more accurately calculate the cutting forces across a wide range of materials. Additional options we added for wall and floor finishing, as well as an easy to use override called "Machinability Factor" that can be used for general optimizations.
Installation for Different NX Versions
Our new MSI install handles all supported NX versions and languages, in a single install application. A new "Connector Tool" was developed to make integration across multiple NX versions very easy.

That's great and super ! Thanks for drawing attention to that.

I guess that's a pretty major update and announcement.

Do you think SolidCam would ever in the future integrate with Solid Edge ?

Solid_Edge
being the front end CAD; Siemens PLM (owned and developed) version or counterpart to SolidWorks.

And also inline with the price structure and licensing of SolidWorks*

So NX_CAM Express is identical to NX_CAM but has Solid_Edge on the front end CAD side rather than NX.

Clear as Mud.

[SC+ (i-machining)] ---> smashed into ----> S_E (CAD) ... ]; (pretty please :D ).

______________________________________________________________________________________

* SolidCam being first integrated into SolidWorks, way back when...

https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2298636126335942672

Register now for the 'iMachining for NX 2.0 - Major Enhancements!' webinar -
Presented by Anthony Calderone
DATE: August 19, 2021
TIME: 1:00 pm GMT / 8:00 am US Eastern
https://register.gotowebinar.com/regi.../2298636126335942672

Join us as we present the newest version of iMachining for NX 2.0! This major update now shares the same iMachining code as our SolidCAM and InventorCAM products. This update adds more than 40 new features, including the ability to simulate iMachining Operations with the new SolidCAM Simulator.
iMachining 2D
The flagship new features are iMachining's Machinable Feature Recognition, combined with wall and floor finishing. Defining geometry is now as simple as selecting a face or group of faces to machine. The stock, target, fixture, tool and holder are used to define a complete 3D Machining Geometry that is able to be machined. Advanced options for finishing the Wall and Floor, even with different tools, enables shorter programming time and no errors.
iMachining 3D
New options were added to build on the most efficient 3D Roughing and Semi-Finish toolpath in the world today. The iMachining Wizard provides updated cutting conditions for each depth of cut used in Step-Up. Many options were added to give more control over excluding toolpath which may be better suited to other tools, such as "limit minimum depth of cut" and "ignore closed pockets". Pre-drilling support was added to minimize helical ramping for closed pockets.
iMachining Wizard
A completely redesigned Database interface was developed, which supports "Material Categories" to more accurately calculate the cutting forces across a wide range of materials. Additional options we added for wall and floor finishing, as well as an easy to use override called "Machinability Factor" that can be used for general optimizations.
Installation for Different NX Versions
Our new MSI install handles all supported NX versions and languages, in a single install application. A new "Connector Tool" was developed to make integration across multiple NX versions very easy.

i like solidcam roughing strategies, used them back in the day. however i dont see whats the benefit of putting cam inside cam, in what is already one of the most expensive and capable CAM packages out in the world?

I believe you can choose between Volumill and iMachining inside NX CAM for roughing strategy.

you're saying its included, not an additional cost? if so, i'd take iMachining over volucrap any time of the day

Talking about roughing operations,
I see you don't like Volumill. How it's compare to iMachining, Dynamic Mill or Adaptive.
What is in your opinion shines more.

Talking about roughing operations,
I see you don't like Volumill. How it's compare to iMachining, Dynamic Mill or Adaptive.
What is in your opinion shines more.

this is just my personal experienc/opinion of course. but the volumill package used in hypermill was absolutely terrible. tons of unnecessary retracts, had to do all kinds of workarounds to enable step ups and all kinds of other stuff. i also wasnt a big fan of the auto adjusting feed rates as there was no control over it, ran into issues with that several times.
IMO imachining, dynamic or adaptive are all superior to it, and certainly much easier to use. take it for what its worth.

this is just my personal experienc/opinion of course. but the volumill package used in hypermill was absolutely terrible. tons of unnecessary retracts, had to do all kinds of workarounds to enable step ups and all kinds of other stuff. i also wasnt a big fan of the auto adjusting feed rates as there was no control over it, ran into issues with that several times.
IMO imachining, dynamic or adaptive are all superior to it, and certainly much easier to use. take it for what its worth.

It's interesting to hear other people's experiences with Volumill (in all of the various programs out there). I've got it in TopSolid and it's pretty much bullet-proof, and I'm not seeing any of the unnecessary retract issues you describe. I wonder how much variability can be introduced in its integration? TS has got their own VM replacement noe ("Boost") but I haven't used it to know what it's like.

That's great and super ! Thanks for drawing attention to that.

I guess that's a pretty major update and announcement.

Do you think SolidCam would ever in the future integrate with Solid Edge ?

Solid_Edge being the front end CAD; Siemens PLM (owned and developed) version or counterpart to SolidWorks.

And also inline with the price structure and licensing of SolidWorks*

So NX_CAM Express is identical to NX_CAM but has Solid_Edge on the front end CAD side rather than NX.

Clear as Mud.

[SC+ (i-machining)] ---> smashed into ----> S_E (CAD) ... ]; (pretty please :D ).

______________________________________________________________________________________

* SolidCam being first integrated into SolidWorks, way back when...
I believe that you have a better experience of Solidcam and I machining within it.
Because of having a better picture due to experience.Can you compare solidcam with mastercard?
Does it provide accurate feeds and speed calculations for steel grades?
Kindly reply!!

Be very interested to see photo of a part you had issues with, I've used it quite a bit and not had much problems. Standard optimised rough always gives the cleanest toolpaths but never had anything terrible with it. Didn't have any problems controlling the feedrates with the options on the volumill tab, although the defaults were pretty poor, found it slowed it down too much out of the box so changed the default minimum feed.

Be very interested to see photo of a part you had issues with, I've used it quite a bit and not had much problems. Standard optimised rough always gives the cleanest toolpaths but never had anything terrible with it. Didn't have any problems controlling the feedrates with the options on the volumill tab, although the defaults were pretty poor, found it slowed it down too much out of the box so changed the default minimum feed.
this was like 4 years ago, dont have the pictures now. regardless, not a fan of volumill.

Back