Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Insights on transitioning from MC to CATIA V5 and Esprit

I am starting a new Programming position and am being sent to class for Catia V5 (for design and milling CAM), Esprit (for mill-turn CAM) and Vericut. I come from a Mastercam background, X5,X7, X9 and a little of 2017, as well as Fusion 360 for modelling, milling and mill-turn. Any advice on making the transition from these softwares?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I haven't used Mastercam before but I do used Catia V5 and NX12 also Vericut on a daily basis. All the guys I have trained on Caita or NX that came from other CAM and modeling systems hated it at first. Then after a few months when they began to understand the philosophy of Catia and how Catia wanted things done it started to make sense and gets a lot eaiser. Keep a open mind don't go in thinking Masatercam does everything the best or the right way. Catia is very powerful for complex parts. As for Vericut if you are just checking programs and not building machines it wont be to much to learn. I hope they have the Catia to Vericut interface makes things a lot easier and faster. Check out some youtube videos they offer some value.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Tennessee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I know nothing about the cam side, but after a week drawing/modeling on Catia you will cry if you have to touch an Autodesk product again.