What's new
What's new

Inventor HSM post for 5axis

lastrada

Aluminum
This may be a long shot, but does anyone have a good working Inventor HSM post for a Doosan or even a Fanuc 5axis? I'm trying to teach myself how to modify posts. I have got a handle on the 3 axis post, but the 5 axis post that HSM has is giving me trouble. I'm basically looking for something to compare to when making changes on my own. Also this would be in a university shop and not an actual manufacturing facility if anyone is worried about that.

Thanks

I work for Doosan. What model 5 axis machine do you have. I do not use Inventor but I could ask around. Have you contacted Autodesk? They are usually pretty good about these things.

I found this from my contact at Autodesk.

https://cam.autodesk.com/hsmposts

Narrow the search by choosing "Milling" and "Doosan" in the search pulldowns. There is a Doosan 3/5-axis VMC post. Should work for you.

Regards,
Paul

I work for Doosan. What model 5 axis machine do you have. I do not use Inventor but I could ask around. Have you contacted Autodesk? They are usually pretty good about these things.

I found this from my contact at Autodesk.

https://cam.autodesk.com/hsmposts

Narrow the search by choosing "Milling" and "Doosan" in the search pulldowns. There is a Doosan 3/5-axis VMC post. Should work for you.

Regards,
Paul

I have the DNM 200. I have the post that you linked to, unfortunately you have to modify it to get it to work on the 5axis. I have been tweaking it and can't seem to get it where I'm happy with it.

I have the DNM 200. I have the post that you linked to, unfortunately you have to modify it to get it to work on the 5axis. I have been tweaking it and can't seem to get it where I'm happy with it.

What are the issues you are having and what are your goals? That machine does not do full 5 axis, only G68.2. (Tilted Working Plane). It will do any 4 axis at the same time, which some post writers have a hard time with. Email me at work, [email protected] and I will send you some info on TWP and other stuff. I have worked on posts but not for HSM. Willing to help though.

Regards,
Paul

Back