What's new
What's new

Issue with camworks turning where drilling canned cycle is not used when selected

Stevdar

Plastic
Anyone had the problem where in camworks turing, the peck drilling isnt a canned cycle even when you select output as canned cycle ?
once posted it just uses lots of back and forth z movements instead of G74, ive tried using a few different post processors and have looked at the code in upg and i think it should work but it doesnt for some reason.

Obviously, I can't see your post, but there are a couple of things that need to be present and defined properly. First of all, your library file (.lib) has to contain the section CALC_MACHINE_DRILL_LATHE. This is where it is determined which type of canned drilling cycle is to be output. Then, your source file (.src) had to have the desired output sections, such as :SECTION:CANNED_DRILLING, :SECTION=CANNED_PECK_DRILLING, :SECTION=CANNED_TAPPING, etc. in order to define the syntax of the output. If any of this is lacking, the system will default to linear and rapid moves (longhand code).

Obviously, I can't see your post, but there are a couple of things that need to be present and defined properly. First of all, your library file (.lib) has to contain the section CALC_MACHINE_DRILL_LATHE. This is where it is determined which type of canned drilling cycle is to be output. Then, your source file (.src) had to have the desired output sections, such as :SECTION:CANNED_DRILLING, :SECTION=CANNED_PECK_DRILLING, :SECTION=CANNED_TAPPING, etc. in order to define the syntax of the output. If any of this is lacking, the system will default to linear and rapid moves (longhand code).

Hello rainman, Im not really a guru when it comes to changing posts, is this something you could help me with ?

Hello rainman, i tried to send a message and it says this:
rainman has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Hello, i have the same problem? Any help please. I could send my post if someone is willing to help

Back