What's new
What's new

Learning Gibbs cam

Yukon Eric

Plastic
Does someone, somewhere offer classes on learning Gibbs cam. Other than going to Gibbs cam or learning it on the job, what opportunities are there to learn the software?

I had to buy the six month demo for $500 from the website. I then went on Amazon and bought the Mill and Lathe books. If you know other softwares Gibbs cam really isn't that hard to pick up.

I used Gibbs in the past and found there drawing side hard to use ,, I switched over to Onecnc and have been vary happy with it ,, Gibbs does have a nice CAM side so if you already have it I would say look at something else to use for the CAD side ,, most free or cheap Cad software is better from what I have found ,,,

I used Gibbs in the past and found there drawing side hard to use ,, I switched over to Onecnc and have been vary happy with it ,, Gibbs does have a nice CAM side so if you already have it I would say look at something else to use for the CAD side ,, most free or cheap Cad software is better from what I have found ,,,

It’s called GibbsCAM, it’s better to pretend that it doesn’t have any CAD functionality outside of modifying geometry for the CAM side.

Gibbscam is not worth learning.

Thank you for that valuable contribution. Would you care to expound that proclamation?

It has its quirks like every CAM system but it is as capable as every other CAM system using the Moduleworks modules.

Trying looking at community colleges. Here in california I was able to do that instead of going to GibbsCAM facility. It took a lot longer, in relation to time but if you are footing the bill yourself it is a lot cheaper.

Back