What's new
What's new

Learning hypermill / hyperCAD-S

Zokes

Plastic
Is there anywhere where I could find some documentation for their software, or do they have some student version for training? The only thing I found on the web is a couple of short tutorial videos on their official youtube channel, which just cover the basics pretty much. I am eager to learn more about it in my free time, but can't find any resources for it on the web....:confused:

There aren't really any self-paced resources for learning Hypermill on your own. Open Mind wants you to work with their applications engineers 1 on 1 when you are a new user/customer. I've brought this up to my contacts there before, because I'm the type that can happily work with tutorials, but they haven't put anything like that into place.

They held a week long class for my company when I started with the software, which was a perfect introduction. After that I just contact support when I need help with something specific. At least in the USA, support is excellent. Very quick response time.

There aren't really any self-paced resources for learning Hypermill on your own. Open Mind wants you to work with their applications engineers 1 on 1 when you are a new user/customer. I've brought this up to my contacts there before, because I'm the type that can happily work with tutorials, but they haven't put anything like that into place.

They held a week long class for my company when I started with the software, which was a perfect introduction. After that I just contact support when I need help with something specific. At least in the USA, support is excellent. Very quick response time.

unfortunately thats how it is :(
they're coming over tuesday for a couple days to train us, pretty excited to use their software tho!

wish there was a decent user forum.
hate to bother Openmind on dumb questions.

wish there was a decent user forum.
hate to bother Openmind on dumb questions.

I know what you mean. When I have a simple question, or something I've already asked them and forgotten, I picture myself sitting at my desk signing their check for maintenance, then it doesn't bother me at all.

FWIW, their support is outstanding.

I will second Larry's reply. I am about 5 months in as a new user and their support has been outstanding. No other software I have used has come close. I used one certain Autodesk product for over 5 years, that support doesn't come close to what they offer to the end user. I still get stumped at some of the simple things, but sometimes I can get an answer back in a simple text. In my case it wasn't the easiest software to learn, but it certainly can make the complex jobs simple. There seems to be multiple options for everything you may need to do. Hyper Mill is more advanced in just about everyway than other software I have used. I am very pleased using it.

Great software. Great team. I really hope that some day they put together some type of user group, it would increase the total package value significantly.

I suspect part of the reason you can't find info online is as a deterrent to pirates. Pretty sure that's the same reason the post building tools are no longer available or supported. There's a lot of people posting on boards looking for posts and training that clearly just ripped off the product.

Back