What's new
What's new

Looking for advice on Weiler E30 / SIEMENS 810 control

ondori

Aluminum
I have the opportunity to buy an older Weiler E30 with a SIEMENS 810 control. I'm most concerned with the control. It seems that that it is a Weiler/Siemens hybrid. Which already spells trouble and leads me to believe they may have some vendor lock in bullshit going on.

I already have a Harrison Alpha flat bed "single op/teach in CNC" and my biggest issue is the control. Lovely machine, terrible FANUC/GE/Harrison proprietary control. So I'm looking to upgrade to a more capable single op flatbed.

Anyone have experience with generic Siemens 810? or even the custom Weiler/SIEMENS 810 hybrid?

What I want to know is if it will truly run EIA/ISO G Code? 90% of the time we would program on the control, but I do have some parts that I would like to program in Fusion 360.

When I checked the Fusion 360 post processor library, I noticed the only SIEMENS 810 post is for milling. There is a generic Seimens turning post and I am wondering if that would be the right match. I'm really only doing basic 2 axis moves, with 1 tool so I don't need a fancy post.

I have no experience with Siemens controls, so I don't know if they work like FANUC controls. For example our Doosan Lynx 2 axis has a Fanuc OiT control, yet I use the Fanuc 31i post. It outputs better code than the generic 2 axis (which I think is aimed at like 20 year old Fanuc controls).

So anyways, I just want to make sure that I could output basic 2-axis code to a Weiler/SIEMENS 810 control without too much trouble.

Back