Looking for a fusion 360 post for a Hardinge Talent
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Looking for a fusion 360 post for a Hardinge Talent

I recently bought a Hardinge Talent live tooling 10/78 lathe with an Oi-TB control. I am trying to find a post for fusion to help in programming with live tooling. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Start with their Doosan Lynx or Puma post and then customize it from there. If you can go on the Autodesk forums and say "I have a post that calls XXX and I need it to be YYY" you can usually get someone to do it in short order.

I had to do this for another brand lathe that had Y axis, live tooling, and subspindle. I just hand edited for a few months until I got the post figured out, and then of course they came out with a custom post for that machine about a week later LOL!

The "tool orientation" in HSM/Fusion always worked really well for live tool operations.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Finsta View Post
    Start with their Doosan Lynx or Puma post and then customize it from there. If you can go on the Autodesk forums and say "I have a post that calls XXX and I need it to be YYY" you can usually get someone to do it in short order.

I had to do this for another brand lathe that had Y axis, live tooling, and subspindle. I just hand edited for a few months until I got the post figured out, and then of course they came out with a custom post for that machine about a week later LOL!

The "tool orientation" in HSM/Fusion always worked really well for live tool operations.
    Thanks Rick,

I will try playing with the lynx or puma and see what I come up with.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk