What's new
What's new

Looking for Solidworks training

Sisk Rifles

Plastic
I have a 2021 version of Solidworks on a laptop. I need training on how to use this program. I have no experience. I prefer one on one training, youtube and such doesn't work for me. I can travel. I am willing to pay the going rate. Perhaps someone who uses this program daily, looking for a little moonlighting. A NDA will be required. Please contact at [email protected].
Thanks
Charlie

I took a night class for it at my local community college and was very happy with the results.

So you acquired the newest release of solidworks and don't know where to get training for it?

I don't know about you, but if I were to buy the newest release of SW I'd probably ask my reseller about training but hey that's just me and my common sense kicking in.

just as a starting point there should be tutorials that come with the software, I would start there to get familiar with the software. Also as someone else mentioned, look at the colleges for possible training.

I have a 2021 version of Solidworks on a laptop. I need training on how to use this program. I have no experience. I prefer one on one training, youtube and such doesn't work for me. I can travel. I am willing to pay the going rate. Perhaps someone who uses this program daily, looking for a little moonlighting. A NDA will be required. Please contact at [email protected].
Thanks
Charlie

There is also My SolidWorks or SolidProfessor

Just to tag onto this - it goes for any CAM software as well. First off, check with reseller. In theory you shouldn't have a cracked copy of software like this so it shouldn't be an issue.

It always cracks me up when people say they can't do video tutorials. It is literally almost the exact same as having a community college course, only downside is that you can't ask live questions. BUT, that is what google is really good at. If you use the noggin in between your ears you can easily find answers. Also forums are very good for specific questions. Usually resellers will answer questions for free, so that solves the question problem. Youtube is free, instructors are very expensive.

Another great resource is the included documentation that comes with any software. It usually has some pretty in-depth training and explanations. Mastercam is a good example of this.

Another great option would be a resource like VTPros or CAMInstructor. They are closer to the teacher model but they are DVDs or video tutorials. Again I still don't get how people don't like video tutorials. Some similar products even offer live office hours for students to discuss with the instructor about specific things. Great! Also cheaper than a private instructor.

Do you remember learning software using a friggin printed manual/guide? God that was awful and I am glad video is now the standard.

If any of those options aren't going to work then you're going to pay out the ass for 1on1 training. Even VERICUT 3 days of group training at their facility is $2000. Yikes...

I’m with shawnrs- I got started with solidworks using the tutorials that come with it. They were enough to get me started. Once I had the basics I’ve found it quickest to just do a google search when I have an issue. I have a paid up subscription but I’ve found it to be quicker doing a search.

My .02 FWIW. I took several classes (AutoCad and Pro-E 2000i) at a local community college. They were enough to grasp the fundamentals of 3D parametric software. I did well in class/tests but didn't really feel that comfortable with the software beyond the assigned tasks from the classroom. Dr. Ward stated that "there are no substitutes for tube-time". He meant that using the program is what improves ability. I decided to attempt creating something that would hold my interest longer than another book lesson. I attempted to create a motorcycle I owned (ZRX). Lots of botched attempts at solid modeling and surfacing but I really don't feel I would have learned as much any other way that would hold my interest to see it through. Since then (2001) I have held contract jobs that required me to use other CAD programs I wasn't familiar with. The tutorials loaded in the programs were always my first learning choice, books second, and tutorials on the internet were also searched when I had questions about constructing something I wasn't sure was possible. I purchase books to have a ready reference and to have another opinion on how to skin the cat.

My suggestion is to learn enough of the fundamentals to use the program and then focus on the specific tasks you intend to use the program for. Most CAD programs seem to follow a command sequence of either action-object or object-action and a small notebook can help keep common modeling techniques sorted so your already overloaded memory isn't strained. Everybody learns in a different manner, my way may not work for you. I still feel Dr. Ward was right in that there is no substitute for "tube-time". Hope this helps someone. Good luck. Ganbatte.

Last edited:

Back