What's new
What's new

Mastercam 2020 Open CL Error

Pun32

Plastic
Hi everyone,

Sometimes, but not every single time, when I open up Mastercam 2020 I get this message:
Open CL Error.png

I just recently purchased a brand new workstation laptop, Lenovo ThinkPad P53, with a NVIDIA QUADRO T1000 graphics card. I've updated to the latest driver, version 442.74, via NVIDIA website. I've also checked that my current Open CL version was version 1.2 or later.
Open CL version.jpg

Can you guys help me solve this problem please?

Thanks,
Andy

Attachments

• Open CL Error.png
    Open CL Error.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 92
I can't say I've seen that one. Have you asked your reseller about this? This sort of problem is really what they are there for.

Yes i have seen that on the educational version i am using i am running a emulator for windows then windows on it....mastercam on top of that.
i tick the box which lets mastercam load and run.
It seems to be ok at the moment running ok.
i have some 3d complex tool paths coming up on some exercises will see then how it does simulations and computations.
So at the moment you can email them but run the program if you accept ie tick the box.

i am running a i5 on a mac, its the latest and greatest with a upgrade on ram seems ok so far

I'm running a K5000 and this message popped up on me for a bit last year until a new driver release cleared it up.

Same boat as Street though. It ran a bit slower but never kept me from running backplot/verify. I'm guessing you can either run as is until a new driver comes out or try backtracking drivers until you don't have that alert anymore.

That card does support openCL 1.2 and openGL 4.6, problem is probably that your laptop is not using the card when running Mastercam. Laptops are notorious for wanting to save power at every turn and switching to the internal videocard is a huge power saver. Sometimes simply plugging in is enough to get it to switch, sometimes you need to go into the graphics settings and force Mastercam to always use the dedicated card.

That card does support openCL 1.2 and openGL 4.6, problem is probably that your laptop is not using the card when running Mastercam. Laptops are notorious for wanting to save power at every turn and switching to the internal videocard is a huge power saver. Sometimes simply plugging in is enough to get it to switch, sometimes you need to go into the graphics settings and force Mastercam to always use the dedicated card.

I did exactly as you said by going into NVIDIA control panel and then into "Manage 3D settings". I changed "Preferred graphics processor" to "High-performance NVIDIA processor". It was on "Auto-select" before so it was probably switching to my internal videocard to save power/battery. Hopefully I'll never that Open CL message again.

Back