Master cam X help. I want to eliminate n#'s and spaces
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm not the greatest at mastercam, so please understand that. When I take my tool path info on the bottom left and "post selected operations" I get more info than I want.

My mazak has a limited memory and I could do much more if I could eliminate the uneeded N #'s and all the spaces that mastercam puts in with their G and M code it creates. I've tried to figure it out and I'm stumped.

Thanks to all.
    Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Your editor should take care of that. If you are using cimcoedit. its the tab that has line number with an eraser. the one with 2 squares one blank one filled in, removes spaces.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rosie,
    You can also change your post to eliminate N#'s. It should be an easy fix in your post text file. Also in there, you can have it remove all spaces. It's been a while since I edited a Mastercam post and that was before X, someone here should be able to walk you through it. That way it is transparent and you won't have to manually do it for every program. Posts in Mastercam are one of the easiest to change, I just haven't done it in MCX yet.
    Paul

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rosie,
    In Mastercam X, with a machine picked, go to the "Machine type" menu, pick control definition at the bottom of the menu. A window will open up and on the left window pane, select "NC Output". In that window, turn off sequence number output and a little lower down, change the 1 in "output spaces" to a zero. Click the check mark and you should be good to go. Do this for all your machines if you have more than just the Mazak. Be careful what you do in there. Always test you changes and only make 1 change at a time. That way you know the effect one change has on your post and you can go back and fix easier if it's something you don't like. Posts in MCX are some of the easiest to change out of all CAM programs, just be careful and always check output of your first couple of programs before downloading to your machine.

Paul

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you have Cimco Edit, just go to the NC Functions tab, and select "Remove Block Numbers" and "Remove Whitespaces"

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yall beat me to it.
    Change the control def to not post N#'s and you can remove spaces in the editor. I think you can also remove them in the def but I ain't sure...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

LockNut
    you rock.

I sincerely appreciate the info from all.
    Rosie