What's new
What's new

DNC Drip Feed for older CNC's?

FrankRing

Plastic
Hello,

for our old MAHO 400C with a Phillips 432/9 NC I would ask you if there is a possibility to work with larger NC-files.
The control has no obvious menu item for the DNC (Drip Feed) configuration except the baud rate (2400) (N116/N117).
I'm not familiar with the 432 controls yet.
Currently I am still evaluating a suitable DNC software.

Thank you for your help
Frank

Last edited:
Hello,

for our old MAHO 400C with a Phillips 432/8 NC I would ask you if there is a possibility to work with larger NC-files.
The control has no obvious menu item for the DNC (Drip Feed) configuration except the baud rate (2400) (N116/N117).
I'm not familiar with the 432 controls yet.

Thank you for your help
Frank

All my controls drip feed in tape mode.

Not affiliated, but make sure you look at dnc4u software. It's low priced, reliable, and highly configurable for any machine. Plus it comes with many file editing features that come in handy. You can run 64 machines off of it too at the same time. I currently have three connected and separately configured. They're out of the UK.

Dave

Absolutely. If it has an RS 232 you can put the machine into tape mode and drip feed. We do it all the time. For software, look at Quick-Link from Microcimm.

Another vote for DCN4U. I feed a Fanuc, Heidenhain, and a Siemens controlled machines with it and it works well for me.

It's currently on a Win7 machine but need to check it's happy on (wince) Win10

Absolutely. If it has an RS 232 you can put the machine into tape mode and drip feed. We do it all the time. For software, look at Quick-Link from Microcimm.

Not so. Many older controls are able to transfer programs to and from memory via an RS232 interface, but require a Behind Tape Reader (BTR) to DNC (drip feed); the Fanuc FS6 control is an example.

Regards,

Bill

This is on a different machine, but thought it was worth a mention.

Have had a couple older Fanuc machines that have no tape mode option on the switch.

Drip feeding is achieved by first going into MDI, executing an M51, then setting the computer feeding the cnc to send, then selecting Auto on the cnc controller. After that, cycle start.

Another vote for DCN4U. I feed a Fanuc, Heidenhain, and a Siemens controlled machines with it and it works well for me.

It's currently on a Win7 machine but need to check it's happy on (wince) Win10
I just changed to Win10 and all I had to do was email DNC4U for a code since I was changing operating systems, works fine.

I just happen to use DNC4U as well for my older cnc with Fanuc Omd. I literally downloaded it, installed it, and had files sending to my cnc in 10minutes.

I like the options it has to edit, merge, etc..

Simple and it works

I do not know this control, but my Heidenhain only takes 1000 lines

On CAM parts I have run I have used strategies to keep the line count under 1000, avoid helical ramps, tune the post to take full advantage of the control.

It is pretty practical to keep that limit between tool changes, and with a laptop not that big a deal

I really only use that machine for drilling[20 lines] and government work, I have 'real' controls to do 'real' work

Back