What's new
What's new

Mastercam 2020 stock model issue

BRIAN.T

Cast Iron
Anyone else experiencing large gouges in their stock models? This only seems to apply to 5 axis parts, and more specifically large files. This is the third file in a row I'm having issues with, and this one is a revisit of a file from about 4 months ago, it was working fine then.

It's most definitely not a real gouge, my part is almost cut in half.

Are you referring to gouging when using the simulation?
Yes, there are some workarounds right now, but they told me they are working on a fix in the next update.

Yeah, it doesn't work right. One work around is to select all of your operations and go to Edit selected parameters--> Edit common parameters --> Check the box for "Force Tool Change"

Are you referring to gouging when using the simulation?
Yes, there are some workarounds right now, but they told me they are working on a fix in the next update.

I've seen it in both situations, they seem to coincide, but are not identical, meaning the same toolpath will show two different gouges, one in the simulation and a different one in the stock model. I think I've narrowed it town to translating tool planes. But as long as I'm not alone I can wait for an update, as annoying as it is.

Back