What's new
What's new

Mastercam 2022 - Engrave letters with Crosshatch fill.

nlancaster

Aluminum
Me and a coworker have been looking off and on thru the day, as we do other work.

Does anyone know if there is a way to crosshatch engrave fill letters?

We want to use a diamond drag tool to engrave internal fixtures and tooling around the shop.

Converting letters to outlines is a function of illustrator and Corel, fill outlines with cross hatch as desired.
You can export dxf from each and use cad to fill if you prefer.

Me and a coworker have been looking off and on thru the day, as we do other work.

Does anyone know if there is a way to crosshatch engrave fill letters?

We want to use a diamond drag tool to engrave internal fixtures and tooling around the shop.

Drafting page, select Cross Hatch then choose your chains to fill, choose your cross hatch pattern/spacing. When complete select Break Into Lines on the Drafting page as well, selecting the cross hatch you just made. Now you have wireframe geometry to add to your contour op for engraving.

Last edited:
Yep, that works. Problem is our machines are only XY CNC, Z is manual, not the best pathing as it will often go outside the outline of the character. That is the best solution we have found. Maybe we can get work to buy a real engraving program for this.

Yep, that works. Problem is our machines are only XY CNC, Z is manual, not the best pathing as it will often go outside the outline of the character. That is the best solution we have found. Maybe we can get work to buy a real engraving program for this.

You could manually chain the hatches with the boundary but that would be a lot of work.
In that case I would give Raster a try. You'll need to create a surface to represent the area to cut. Turn leads off. You can set a custom angle, two opposing angles would make a nice cross hatch.

Back