What's new
What's new

Mastercam educational vid series?

david n

Diamond
I'm gonna plop my kid down in front of the PC and get him going on MC.........I can teach him, but his learning style lends itself to being self taught.....he's wired like his old man.............I've been checking out Youtube for a vid series for beginners. There's a bunch out there. Any one better than the others? Basically I need to take him from simple drafting to running some tool paths. TIA......................

Not MasterCAM, but Cognus.co offers a free online training program for GibbsCAM. The course will take them through the process of creating geometry (CAD) through to tool path creation ( CAM).

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Not MasterCAM, but Cognus.co offers a free online training program for GibbsCAM. The course will take them through the process of creating geometry (CAD) through to tool path creation ( CAM).

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Yeah...............if I was teachin' the kid Gibbs.........................

Here's something we just put out today...
Working, Learning, or Teaching From Home?

These are different than what you will find elsewhere as we not only do videos but also include pdf books.
This does include a link to download 2019 or 2020 HLE.
We also have lots of videos in our blog which you can find here...
camInstructor Blog

These are all FREE right now. Any questions, let me know or email us through the website.

Looks like Mastercam University is free until the end of June..............................I assume that might be the route to go? Anyone use it?

Link:

https://university.mastercam.com/

I just saw that and may take it up myself. My experience with my last Mastercam reseller was less than optimum. Also plan on looking into the Solidworks CAM. I paid for updates and support for Mastercam through 2017 and into 2018. I told them to send the 2018 release with the code and they said they would only send a temp code good for 2017. No permanent code unless I renewed my support contract again. This was still within my existing contract period.

Also plan on looking into the Solidworks CAM.

Careful.

Did you ever use SW CAM Standard?
I tried.......

What an absolute waste of time! The only way to make it even remotely useful is to upgrade to CAM Professional for a couple grand.

IMO, Solidwork's niche is CAD, just like Mastercam's kingdom is CAM.

Looks like Mastercam University is free until the end of June..............................I assume that might be the route to go? Anyone use it?

Link:

https://university.mastercam.com/

I worked my way through it last year, mainly to get some basic experience with the multi-axis tool paths. It was pretty good and if he has parts to try something on after doing a tutorial it should be successful. Plus it should come with a home learning version of mastercam, so he doesn't have to take up the full version while learning.

I'll have to look into it more, but do you have to do the training on a PC with MC loaded? With the dongle? I figured my kid can just do it on a laptop at his leisure...................

I'll have to look into it more, but do you have to do the training on a PC with MC loaded? With the dongle? I figured my kid can just do it on a laptop at his leisure...................

There's a link at the Mastercam University website to download a fully functional Home Learning Edition. You just can't post with it but you can test drive everything.

Back