What's new
What's new

MasterCam G76 lathe threading wrong output!

Ariful Islam

Plastic
In mastercam lathe threading operation when i input 0.25 on 'amount of first cut' under thread cut parameters' Tab, the generated code is G76 Q....R...
G76 X... Z...P... Q2500 F...
e.g Q2500 (in second block).
I think it should be Q250

Moreover i want P value (in second block) in four digit, but mastercam always make it in five digit, why?

What setting should i change to make Q250 in mastercam? And P value (thread depth) in four digit?

Can anyone help me?

Note: Mastercam setting is in metric unit and Fanuc 2X lathe control.

If you know how to find and open your post this is one setting that's not terrible for a beginner to play with. You're looking for format statements in the section for thread output settings. You'll want to change the format statements for Q and P. At the top of the format statement section there's a table with all of the format statements. (HINT: OPEN YOUR POST IN CODE EXPERT AND DO A QUICK SEARCH FOR "Q", AND STOP WHEN YOU HIT THE "Q" IN THREAD OUTPUT SETTINGS - SCROLL UP A BIT TO FIND YOUR FORMAT STATEMENT TABLE)

It's been a while, but what you're looking to achieve with Q is something like no decimal, absolute, 3 places. You didn't mention what you need for output in P, but quite honestly if you're somewhat computer literate there's enough information right in front of you in the post to really figure out what you're after. Just gotta know where to look.

I've not looked at lathe settings in a very long time now, but I think this is somewhere near the beginning of the post where something like

(don't use this exactly!)

R10 = .xx decimals
R100 = .xxx decimals
R1000 = .xxxx decimals

Once you find that, you can find which setting is being used and change whatever value to 3 place decimal.

in mastercam lathe threading operation when i input 0.25 on 'amount of first cut' under thread cut parameters' tab, the generated code is g76 q....r...
G76 x... Z...p... Q2500 f...
E.g q2500 (in second block).
I think it should be q250

moreover i want p value (in second block) in four digit, but mastercam always make it in five digit, why?

What setting should i change to make q250 in mastercam? And p value (thread depth) in four digit?

Can anyone help me?

note: Mastercam setting is in metric unit and fanuc 2x lathe control.

.25/.0001=2500
q2500 is correct.

Back