Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AJ H View Post
    Mastercam is cumbersome at best by todays standards. They're just riding on their reputation from years past and they pump enough money into the education sector to stay relevant. I would think most people would agree drawing parametrically like Solidworks or Inventor does is faster and more user friendly, and I hate having to waste time converting surfaces to work from solid models. IMO there's a lot better out there for a lot less money. At least the other over priced brand had free beer at their IMTS booth.
    couldnt agree more. for anything BUT simultaneous 5 axis work fusion is just as powerful, an order of magnitude cheaper, and lightyears easier to use. positional work with fusion is a snap, literally 2 clicks in the toolpath parameters, no need to create new workplanes with wcs's etc.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtndew View Post
    People like you make me laugh.
    Those who think Mastercam sucks have never taken the time to set it up correctly.
    or we just used other software that makes our lives a million times easier.
    people like you make me laugh also.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by empwoer View Post
    couldnt agree more. for anything BUT simultaneous 5 axis work fusion is just as powerful, an order of magnitude cheaper, and lightyears easier to use. positional work with fusion is a snap, literally 2 clicks in the toolpath parameters, no need to create new workplanes with wcs's etc.
    I've found that over years of using Mastercam that if something is ever a pain in the ass the most likely culprit is that I'm doing something the hard way when there's actually a way of doing it that's substantially easier.

Planes, specifically keeping them in check when you have 50+ in one file over a few hundred operations, is one thing that continues to nag the piss out of me and I've yet to find that easy way of doing it.

4. Likes Mtndew, empwoer liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dodgin View Post
    I've found that over years of using Mastercam that if something is ever a pain in the ass the most likely culprit is that I'm doing something the hard way when there's actually a way of doing it that's substantially easier.

Planes, specifically keeping them in check when you have 50+ in one file over a few hundred operations, is one thing that continues to nag the piss out of me and I've yet to find that easy way of doing it.
    there isnt, at least not as of about a year ago when i took an official training class at our reseller. this is the type of shit that is gonna drive away sales from the newer/younger generation of users that typically does more research on competitors and will easily see how other software packages make their life 100x easier.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

there isnt, at least not as of about a year ago when i took an official training class at our reseller. this is the type of shit that is gonna drive away sales from the newer/younger generation of users that typically does more research on competitors and will easily see how other software packages make their life 100x easier.
    Only marginally, I'd say.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dodgin View Post
    Only marginally, I'd say.
    marginally what?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

marginally what?
    Marginally disrupt sales.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TeachMePlease View Post
    I've no idea what a license costs, but the software BeyondCompare lets you choose two files (in your case, the program on the USB and the program on the PC) and do a quick compare. It will put the two side by side, and highlight any differences between them. Or, if they compare exactly the same, it can simply give you a popup that they're identical. I use it to check revisions and such, and it's a really great piece of software. I realize it's an extra step, and if you switch to ethernet only, it's unnecessary, but I figured I'd mention it so you would be aware it existed.

Edit: I just went and looked, because I was curious. It's incredibly cheap, and you can even download a demo to try it out: Buy Beyond Compare

Notepad++ with the compare add-in...it's free and probably the best text editor out there.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by g-coder05 View Post
    So what is the total now for Mastercam Maint? I'm not a user but curious to start comparing.
    here you go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

D Nelson, you may want to remove or edit the pic to take out name and contact info stuff.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don’t see a edit feature

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro